Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sugar Nellie Sweet As Candy

Set the Scene (Card):  It's a clear and cool summer evening.  The fireworks display will begin soon.  It'll get a little cooler once the sun goes down.  It'll be the perfect evening to share some sweet candy with friends who will bring drinks and chewy pretzels.

(Me):  I'm working with bare-boned necessities!  LOL!!!  Paper trimmer, one punch (not a leaf - ugghhh!!!), a pre-stamped image and sentiment, brads, lace/ribbon, flowers.  Thankfully I have paper - LOL!!!  A light assortment of Copic markers, a piercer and mat, a pair of scissors and scoring bone.

The Sweeties over at the Sugar Bowl challenge want to see Marlene's sketch with a Summer theme.  A full set of 5 soon-to-be-released Sugar Nellie Stamps sweet Sherbet Pips will be awarded to a random entry.  Find out more about this challenge here.  (Sweeties, please accept my non-curvy entry.  My oval cutters are out of reach.  I considered tracing a round object then decided that experimenting on my only pre-stamped image is not wise.)

The Ribbon Girls at the Ribbon Girl colour challenge want to see pink and cream.  Lili of the Valley is offering a £10 voucher for use at their online store to a randomly selected winner.  That randomly selected winner will also receive a pink or white/cream ribbon kit.  Find out more about this challenge here.

The design team over at the Wild Orchid challenge wants to see Shabby Chic Friendship projects.  There's an amazing Wild Orchid Crafts package full of too many goodies to mention here.  You've got to hop over and see it for yourself (here).

I am thoroughly challenged as I'm working without access to my normal paper crafting supplies.  Using bare necessities, I began filling my pre-stamped Sugar Nellie "Sweet As Candy" image using a much slimmed down supply of my Copic colors.  Yikes!  I hope I can pull this off . . . LOL!!!

This photo shows a close up of my Sweet As Candy image.  Now remember . . . it's a cool summer evening . . . LOL!!!  It's so cool that the candy won't melt.


I've included a Petaloo Color Me Crazy Wild Rose in the center of the Wild Orchid Crafts ivory and white roses.  A light touch of Copic color can make white flowers coordinate beautifully with any project.  I love how the wires connecting the flowers can be twirled around a crochet hook to form great little dimensional swirls.  Here's a close up of the flowers . . .


I've used Melissa Frances Eleanor patterned paper layered with Bazzill Bling pink and cream.  Martha Stewart's Punch Around the Page Rings adds a nice border for a touch of creamy lace.  A bit of paper piercing and sepia faux stitching borders all the layers, including the Penny Black sentiment.

This photo shows the completed card front and my entry into the above noted challenges.


Hmmmm.  Not too bad.  Why DO I need all of those other tools and supplies?  Uhhh . . . BECAUSE.  Oh, Stickles, where art thou?  LOL!!!

Copics used:
skin - E000, E00, YR00, R20
hair, shoes - E31, E35, E47
pants - RV10, RV21, RV23
shirt - E50, E51, E53
grass, undershirt - G21, G85, G28
container - BG01, BG05, BG09

6 comments:

Brodders said...

Great colouring :) Thanks for joining the riboon girls challenge this month and good luck x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card, love the image and gorgeous colour combo!
Clairexx

Eskimo Frosting said...

Absolutely beautifully coloured, I love al the stitching.

Jayne
x

Bev said...

Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at WOC x

Marie Gamber said...

Rose, I just love your coloring... as always. It does not look like you are working with the bare necessities. The layers are gorgeous and love your color combination. So inspiring!
Hugs,
Marie

Andrea said...

This is great, I love the distressed edges. V