Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Whiff of Joy Willow with Hot Chicken Soup

The Whiff of Joy challenge blog is celebrating their 100th challenge by giving away prizes for randomly selected "anything goes" entries and comment love left along their design team's inspiration blog hop.  A random entry of this challenge will be chosen for a $25 credit voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store.  There's an extra very generous prize package from Katharina of Whiff of Joy.  More prizes are sprinkled throughout the design team's blogs.  Find out more about this challenge celebration here.

I've inked my newly acquired Whiff of Joy Elisabeth Bell's Willow with Hot Chicken Soup from the Get Well Collection.  Here she is filled using Copic markers . . .


I've chosen Copic colors to coordinate with the Bazzill olive, dark and light browns as well as the Basic Grey max & whiskers mittens/max patterned paper.

I've used a Fiskars read between the vine Border and Corner punch, some Prima leaves and flowers using Creative Impressions White Mini Brads for flower centers.  A little Marvy Uchida Opaque Paint Marker in Gold surrounds my image.  I've added an appropriate sentiment from a 2008 Stampin' Up! Best Yet set.

Here's the completed card front showing my entry for this Whiff of Joy "anything goes" celebration challenge:


Chicken soup always makes me feel better.  I'm sure it would be an extra comfort to have this lovely Willow card accompany a caring portion of get well wishes.

Copics used:
skin - E0000, E00, E02, R20
hair/shoes - E55, E57, E59
blouse - Y21, Y23, Y26
pants - YG91, YG95, YG99
apron - E40, E41, 0
steam - W1, W3
pot - C1, C3, C5

4 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely card. Your colouring is outstanding as usual. Love the clean look of your fabby card.
Love n hugs
Marie

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This turned out gorgeous. Love the flowers around the image, and you colored her beautifully. Who wouldn't get better getting that card!

Chelsea said...

Such a sweet and cute card. Thanks for joining the WoJ Challenge 100th. celebration.
Love,
Chelsea

Kylie said...

What a stunning card!
Thanks for playing at WOJ challenges!
Hugs
Kylie