Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, March 11, 2013

Tag Art with Crafts and Me Stamps Queen of Hearts

It's been a while since I've spent some time gettin' inky and I've had alot of fun working on this tag with distressed and inked edges.

I've used Queen of Hearts digital stamp by Hannah Lynn on a standing tag.  I printed the image onto Bazzill Smooth white cardstock then die cut it using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag and Bookplates Bigz L die.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.


I reduced then printed my colored image and used Ranger's matt glossy accents to adhere it to a Tim Holtz idea-ology rectangle facet.  This wonderful embellishment hangs from a jump ring with a Tim Holtz idea-ology Bauble at the loop of a Tim Holtz idea-ology Trinket Pin through a studded black grosgrain 3/8" Michael's ribbon tied through my tag's top.
 
 
 
I placed a mask over my colored image then using a non-stick kraft sheet, I inked the edges of my white tag with Ranger's Distress inks in Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap.  When dry, I began to stamp Alice in Wonderland-themed words from a Crafty Secrets Tea with Alice large stamp set.
 
Here's a view of the front of my tag showing how I've used Queen of Hearts.  A Prickley Pear stamped Queen for a Day sentiment is popped up over the base of my image.  A Creative Impressions Bits of Bling white mini pearl sets on her ring finger while a strip of Kaiser Craft white pearls are lined up at the left side.  A Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations ATC & Corners die cut provides the black cardstock photo corners surrounding my image.
 


I adhered my tag to another die cut tag to cover the Copic bleed and messy ink.  The back of the tag includes a Tim Holtz Alterations Small Easel die cut to allow my tag to stand for display.
 


 
I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:
A and T Digital Designs "Hearts" (here)
Simon Says Stamp and Show "Chic to be Shabby" (here)
Tuesday Alchemy "Photo Inspiration - travel with rainbow" (here)
Creative Card Crew "Ribbon" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Anything but a Card" (here)
Craft Us Crazy "Anything Goes" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Anything Goes/Use a Digi" (here)
Stamptacular Sunday "To Die For!" (here)
Whimsy Stamps "Use Metal" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hearts, hairbow, robe - E93, E95, E97, E99
hair - C1, C3, C5, BG13
scepter, crown - Y13, Y26, Y28
eyes, corset, top of scepter - BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
white gloves, collar, sleeves - W1, W3, W5
Copic Opaque White acrylic paint highlights throughout



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

A very sweet and beautiful little tag.Love it!
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sundays this week.
Hugs
Chris x

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning creation. I love it! pat k x

Candy C said...

Rosie...you do such a gorgeous job of coloring your images! She is flawless! And I love the background tag and how you've blended the colors so perfectly. The tag absolutely is the perfect background for your lovely image. I also love the fragment pinned to your ribbon at the top of the tag. Nice job! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag/picture! I love the teeny tiny version of the image!

Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Mei said...

GORGEOUS! I just went over to Hannah Lynn's site to check out other images!! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

Mei
CCC DT
Love to Create DT

coops said...

love this rose.stunning image and your fabulous colours really pop :D

xx coops xx

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow this is really fabulous. Totally love how creative you are. Just love what you have done on this tag as embellishments!

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Rose - this is fabulous - brilliant colouring and I love how you've shrinked it and put under one of those facet thingies! Gorgeous!
Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Anything But a Card challenge and I hope we see you again hugs Karen P Paper Crafting Journey Design Team (http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/)

Karen C said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us this week at One Stitch At A Time! Hope to see you next week!
Hugs,
Karen C

Anita Bownds said...

beautiful tag,,totally love it..xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous colors and coloring. Love the facet with the smaller image. Beautiful design and tag! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Sande said...

Wow, wow, wow, what a super tag!

Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faeries, Good luck and hope you will join us again
Hugs Sande xx