Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, October 20, 2013

MiC and LMM Freebie Challenge - Graffiti Party

Make It Crafty and Little Miss Muffet Stamps are hosting a Graffiti Party and provided this amazing free MiC and LMM artwork to those who want to participate.

I was so inspired by Lynne K's screen card (here), that I decided to use these fun Little Miss Muffet and Make It Crafty Graffiti Party images on my own screen card:



This was my first attempt at making a screen card.  DCWV white core cardstock allowed for a bit of detail to show when sanded.  Zutter's 1/2" Round-it-All corner rounder softened my tops.  The base of the large tag from a Sizzix Traditional Combo Tags die cut through all four panels to square off the bottoms.  I lost a leg or two while running the panels through the die cut machine to emboss with Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bricked Texture Fade then lightly sanded the raised bricks.  A golden leaf charm hangs from a jump ring on a hemp bow. A Sakura Gelly Roll medium white pen adds some sharp highlights to my eyeglasses and graffiti letters.  A Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stuff to Say sentiment fits nicely on the last panel.

Other than my loss of legs, I like the embossed look of the background.  I need to work on reinforcing and strengthening the legs to be able to hold the weight of my images and heavier embellishments on future screen cards.  They do make nice displays for scenery.


Individual panels . . .


Humpty Dumpty in Da Hood


Part1 of MiC's Urban Scene


Part2 of MiC's Urban Scene


LMM Graffiti word

You've got to pop over to the Make It Crafty and Little Miss Muffet Stamps Graffiti Party blog and see the amazing artwork using the MiC and LMM images entered there!


I'm adding this screen card to the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion "Embossing" (here)
Creative Craft "Anything Goes and Blogaversary" (here)

Copics used:
brick wall - E71, R46, R59, E79, R20
gate, eyeglass lenses - C1, C3, C5
egg - E41, E43, 0
tires, eyeglass frames - T0, T6, T9
hoodie outfit, sneakers - E57, E51
sidewalk, curb, between bricks - W3, W1
top of wall - C3, C1
graffiti and paint cans - FV2, FB2, FBG2, FYR1, FYG2, V22, B23, BG23, Y23, C6
airbrushed cement wall - W3
airbrushed speckles - N6


http://graffitiparty.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/graffiti-party-winners.html

Many thanks to Zoe and Barbara . . . I won the Graffiti Collection from LMMS & the Urban Characters from MiC!   These extremely talented artists liked my screen card for use of their images and THAT means alot to me!!!
 
 
As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fantastic! How fun and I love that sentiment! Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

CRAFTY VIDEOS TIPS said...

your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me do send your very good friends ( thank you ) it good to meet new friends. love a beautiful thing.