Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Kenny K's Madison Attitude

This energetic young lady is hurrying to show off her favorite finds from her recent shopping adventure.  She is a rubberstamp image, named Madison Attitude, designed by Kenny Kiernan for Whimsy Stamps.  You can get your own Madison Attitude at the Whimsy Stamps online shop here.

This photo shows my Copic-filled image all ready for a birthday party.  Flower Soft Black covers the trim around the collar and sleeves of her jacket.  Bits of tissue paper peek from the openings of her shopping bags.



Bo Bunny's double dots embossed paper, layered with white Bazzill Bling and Reminisce Northern Exposure snowflake patterned paper, forms my side open card.   A strip of 1/8" Offray blue ribbon provides a border and triple bow.  A Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangle frames my image.  A Creative Charms beaded flower clusters with a Prima Raja Sequin flower and a Me and My Big Ideas icons mini rhinestone flower.  The stamped sentiment is from Stamps by Judith.  Prima Say It In Crystals black rhinestone swirls add movement around my image.
 
This photo shows the front of my monochromatic birthday card, displaying Kenny K's Madison Attitude . . .



The inside is decorated to match the front.  I've added birthday party sentiments from a Close To My Heart Everyday Celebration set.



 If I enclose a gift card or cash, then I'll write something like " . . . but I couldn't find a thing for you!"
 

I'm entering this monochromatic birthday card into the following challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Krew "Anything Goes" (here)
Winter Wonderland "Shopping" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Ribbon" (here)
A&T DigiDesigns/Emerald Faerie Garden "Celebration" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Anything Goes" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Beat the Blues" (here) - go shopping!
Charisma Cardz "Happy Birthday!! + 4" (here)
Cupcake Craft "January Blues" (here)
Dream Valley "Anything Goes" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
outfit using Fade with Lightest Color Technique, bags - BG01, BG05, BG09
boots, fur - T0, T6, T9
bags, shirt - B01, B04, B06
eyes, tissue paper - C1, C3, 0
ground shadow - W5, W3, W1, 0
airbrushed speckled background - BG09



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

14 comments:

Danielle C said...

I just love your card! The image is so perfect with the clever sentiment! And I love the optional sentiment for the inside, I just might have to steal it! The coloring is fabulous, Thanks so much for joining the Kenny K challenge this week and good luck!
Danielle:)

thecraftycavalier said...

Wow! I'm so glad I found your blog! This is such a fabulous card; your colouring is awesome! Love the layout - gorgeous. As a novice with the copics I am very grateful to you for listing the pens you use! Love your blog and I'm now a happy follower. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Winter Wonderland. Hugs, Jayne x

Dawid Trzepizor said...

It's very beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us on Kenny K's Krafty Krew this week.

Hugs,
Dawid

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. Good luck and please join us again soon!

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card! Fantastic colouring and I love the design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

downrightcrafty said...

great creation for our challenge of Shopping this week at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

coops said...

so gorgeous rose.stunning blue colours and i love the sassy image :D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Love, love, love this super stylish card. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. X

judit said...

Wow, love your colouring! Fantastic card! Many thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge. hugs, judit x

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card with amazing details!! Love your coloring and great image! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine

Sheryl said...

A beautiful image brought to life perfectly by your colouring.
Great to have you with us at CHARISMA this week I hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

MagsB said...

What fabulous colouring on your great card! I love the swirls, too! thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Lucy Patrick said...

What a great sentiment to go with such a gorgeous card Rose!! Wow to your colouring, that is super special and the Kenny K girl is uber cool!! Thanks for joining in the "anything goes" challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy

Sande said...

Wonderful card! Love your coloring!

Thanks for joining in our challenge at A and T Emerald Faeries!

Hugs, Sande xx