Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, April 12, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Kenny K's Download Diva

Kenny K has a wide range of fun images that make me happy.  I'm hoping to share the gift of music with someone special and find this image to be perfect for the music lovers in my life.  I can include the gift of a CD, iTunes gift card, concert tickets or any other music-related items.

I've used Download Diva on a flip-easel card to share my gift with a music lover.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.



Layers of Bazzill cardstock with Melissa Frances Stella patterned paper form my flip-easel card and faux stitching adds a contrasting border. I've used a set of bonus cutting dies from a Lifestyle Crafts 2012 Genius Magnetic Ultimate Platform system to shape my image. A Technique Tuesday Pieces of the Puzzle Autism set provided my stamped "listen" sentiment.  An EK Success Whale of a Punch Photo Corner Scallop punch provided my corners.

When the layers of my handmade flowers are dried, I like to paint a light layer of Star Dust or Diamond Stickles glitter glue over the leaves and petals for added glimmer.  These coordinating flowers are made from layers of a variety of Punch Bunch punched shapes from the scraps leftover after I made my card.


 
Here's a view of the front of my card showing how I've used Download Diva.  A 7Gypsies Diva dangle/charm hangs from a Recollections 3/8" colorful musical note ribbon bow.  Left to right you see my handmade versions of mini aster, bachelor's button, plum blossom, coreopsis, chrysanthemum, cherry blossom and another mini aster.
 
 

The base of my card includes a stamped quote from a Gel-a-tins Musical set that lies over a QuicKutz Revolution Library Pocket.  I carried some of the scallops from the front to the base by using a Fiskars Treading Water border punch to the top of the tag I placed inside of the pocket.
 
 
 
Here's a view of my flip-easel card, open and ready for display . . .
 
 
 
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Kenny K "Easel Card" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Papertake Weekly "BINGO" (here) - punches, free, ribbons
Tuesday Throwdown "Fancy Folds" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "April Showers and/or Spring Flowers" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Spring Colours" (here)
Divas by Design "Flowers" (here)
A&T Challenges "Flowers" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, shoes - E31, E35, E47
pants, eyes - YG61, YG63, YG67, YG99
sleeves, socks, cell phone - V20, V22, V25, V28
top, accents on sneakers - RV91, RV93, RV95
sneakers - T0, T6, T9
shoe laces - E42, E40, 0
airbrushed background - RV93, V22, speckles YG67




As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Rose! Great design and terrific coloring and embellishments!

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty. I love the sparkle on the flowers
Lisa x

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the soft colours and the flower arrangement.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

dmbennett said...

Beautiful card. Love the handmade flowers. Thanks for joining us at Fab'N'Funky challenge.

Dawn DT

Unknown said...

Your handmade flowers are amazing!!Just gorgeous!! Awesome design.. the die cuts are great and your coloring!! Love it!! Awesome card.. really awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good luck :) I really hope to see you again for our next challenge!!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Dawny P said...

How gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

Louise said...

Gorgeous Easel card, love the embellies. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's for our challenge
hugs Louise

Jill said...

gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Nonni said...

Hi Rose, amazing job with this card!! Your coloring is super and the flowers are fab. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Heather said...

Hi Rose!! A fabulous card - a great design and colour scheme, your Kenny K image is beautifully colour (as usual) and stunning details!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Judith said...

What a pretty card - just love your handmade flowers - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges hugs Judith x

Berry said...

This is just fabulous Rose! Thanks so much for playing at Divas by Design this wk hugs Rebekah xx