Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, February 4, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Ladybug Crafts Ink Martini Nikki

Ladybug Crafts Ink carries a fabulous line of clear and digital stamp images illustrated by Allan McConnachie called Nikki & Friends.  I've used Martini Nikki on an encouraging card for a dear friend.  You can get your own digital Martini Nikki here.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . .



I've added layers of KaiserCraft These Days Collection Ancestry double-sided patterned paper to Bazzill Straw (cream) and Java (dark brown) cardstock to form my side open card.  A Cheery Lynn Designs Waltzing Matilda Lace Doily die cut adds a delicate edge.  A sentiment from a Hero Arts Clear Woodland Creatures set is stamped directly over the airbrushed background of my image.  A Basic Grey button tied with bakers twine lies in the center of a pretty bow formed by a strip of an Offray 7/8" French Block Brown and Blue ribbon.  A few more Basic Grey small buttons knotted with bakers twine adorn the other corner.

When my card is nearly complete and I'm ready to embellish, I like to use my card scraps for forming coordinating handmade flowers using Punch Bunch and other punches.  Here I've used Punch Bunch daisies in large, medium and small; suns in mini and small; small birch leaf; medium dusty miller leaf and large oak leaf.  This photo shows how I begin to prepare my flower elements for layering . . .



Here's a view of my card front that includes my layered flowers lightly painted with Star Dust Stickles for sparkle . . . How lucky was I to attend the 7th anniversary of my favorite local scrapbook store, The Scrappers Cove in Milltown, New Jersey, and find this fabulous Elizabeth Dies Lady Bug die!  Can you spot the one with open wings that is the perfect size for adding to this Ladybug Crafts Ink card art?



This view shows the inside that includes a wonderful and cheerful sentiment from a Stampin' Up! Happy Hour set.  I've lightly embellished with a QuicKutz martini glass die cut and another less poofy layered daisy to have the other Elizabeth Dies closed wing lady bug peek out from.



 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly "Sketch #75 by Dawny P" (here)
Crafty Sentiments "Buttons and Bows" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "Bling It On" (here)
Tuesday Alchemy "Anything Goes" (here)
Ladybug Crafts Ink "Girly/Female" (here)
Divas by Design "Colors:  Blue, Brown, Cream" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Anything Goes" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Make Your Own Embellishments" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "A Different Corner" (here)
One Stop Craft "Anything Goes" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
poodle - E40, E42, E44, 0
pants, couch base - E84, E87, E89
couch, dog bed - BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99
top - E30, E31, E34
airbrushed background - Y02, E42, BG93, speckles E44, BG99



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

22 comments:

Lau W said...

OMG Rose ! This card is fabulous, so feminine, so wonderful aaaaw !!!
Love this image, and superb coloring !
xxx

Kerry said...

I think this card has my name on it Rose!!!! My oh MY this is stunning... I LOVE everything about it. Your coloring is outstanding as always...Nikki's highlights are superb..wish I had her hairdresser lololol. There is no way I would have thought you made those flowers unless I saw all the pieces. Thanks so much for joining our Girly challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

DesignerDiva said...

This is a fabulous card Rose, one of the best I've seen with this stamp!
Love love love the colours, flowers, layout - everything, while I'm here
Thanks for sharing it at LCI and Diva's
Hugs Laurie xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Rose, love the colouring and those sweet flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Pinky

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so gorgeous, your coloring is awesome and those flowers - wow! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

Diane said...

What a fabulous card Rose !! Your colours and colouring are beautiful hun !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

hugs Diane xx

crafty-stamper said...

stunning card fantastic image and colouring,gorgeous papers,flowers and that bow and love the colours -can you tell i like this card -thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it!...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

KimCreate said...

I adore your card! Thanks for joining the Tuesday Throwdown!
Kim L.

Jackie said...

Lovely job! Your image looks amazing, great use of colors! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

Brodders said...

Such a lovely card :) thanks for playing along with PTW - Jane x

Bridie said...

Fabulous card! I love the colour scheme and your colouring is gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

Deb said...

wow, so gorgeous, love your cluster of flowers!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Shea said...

FABULOUS!! Love everything about this card, including the airbrushed background, the color scheme, and especially those gorgeous flowers! Your cards are the reason I've started buying Punch Bunch punches - they make THE most realistic flowers I've ever seen. Thanks so much for your continuing inspiration!

Debs said...

Stunning card Rose- love the LO the colours and all the fabulous flowers and amazing colouring.
Thanks for playing along with us at Divas and TPC this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

Just a gorgeous card, love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Divas x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Wow- what an amazing card!

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card, cute image and what gorgeous flowers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Unknown said...

I was browsing around and seen your card and hopped over here to see your blog. I love your creations and had to join.

Lisa Jane said...

woweee - absolute stunner Rose .. what gorgeous colours
Lisa x

Julie said...

You lady are just way too talented lol! AMAZING card,just perfect for the challenge! Hope you got chance to join the Ladybug blog hop!Happy Crafting, Julie.x

A New Crafter said...

Hi there, your card is absolutely stunning, every part of it! Anne T