Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Little Miss Mouse

This lovely little fairy is happy to find her sweet little mouse friend passing by as they share a daily greeting.

I've used Elisabeth Bell's digital image, Little Miss Mouse, on a side-open card to share some magical and encouraging words.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image with a light coating of Star Dust Stickles painted over the fairy's wings and the rose on the hat of the little mouse.


I've temporarily adhered die cuts from a My Favorite Things Die-namics Cloud Trio set, airbrushed around them, then removed the die cuts to add dimension with Copic colors W1, W0, W00 and 0.

My handmade flower cluster includes Punch Bunch large, medium and small daisy punches.  Creative Impressions Bits of Bling white pearls sit in the flower centers.  Star Dust Stickles, lightly painted over my punched daisies, adds wonderful sparkle.  A few McGill pine branch punches add nice filler for my white netted and jeweled wire butterfly to flutter from.  An iridescent ribbon bow, made from a ribbon that I saved from a holiday candy box, helps to tie my flower cluster to the Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs die cut.


Layers of Bazzill Olive, Rain and Cool Cantaloupe cardstock with patterned papers from Kaiser Craft's These Days Collection "Reunion" and "Generation" provide the base for my card.  A Memory Box Charlotte Border adds a delicate touch to the top and bottom of a center block surrounded by faux stitching.

Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Little Miss Mouse digi image.  I added a small dream sentiment from an Inkadinkado Sentiments set.



This view of the inside of my card shows a sweet sentiment from a Just Rite Cling Elizabeth O. Dulemba Bee Ride set.




You can find Little Miss Mouse and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.

Looking for fabulous inspiration using Elisabeth Bell images?  You'll find it at the Digi Bells Design Team Blog here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Catz "All Stitched Up!" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Punch It" (here)
Delicious Doodles "Use Die Cuts" (here)
Rick St. Dennis "Spring Is In the Air" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "A Bit O' Green" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Spring Fever" (here)
Craft Us Crazy "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Card Crew "Ribbon" (here)
Elphine House Australia "Glitter It Up" (here)

* * * * *

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, mushroom bottom and stem - E31, E35, E47
mouse, mushroom top, wings - W1, W3, W5
flowers, dress, mushroom spots, wings - YR61, YR65, YR68
mouse dress, hat, wings - BG70, BG72, BG75
grass, foliage, wings - YG91, YG95, YG99
mouse apron - E40, E41, E42, E43
airbrushed ground - YG93, YG91
airbrushed sky - BG72
clouds - W1, W0, W00, 0


"Top 3" Mar. 16, 2013 Crafty Catz

As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

15 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is so gorgeous, Rose! I love the colors and papers and flowers! Outstanding coloring of the adorable image!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is stunning! your coloring is perfection! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Bit o' Green" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

carol said...

oooh this is adorable and so beautiful, i love the flowers, thanks for joining in with our all stitched up challenge at CRAFTY CATZ and TPC x carol

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love the image and your colouring, the papers and the colour combo are beautiful and the flowers, border and design inside and out are fabulous. Inspirational! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Rose this is a really stunner. Fantastic colouring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Card Crew.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

wow a adorable card love the papers and fab image thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFTY CATZ hugs sassyxxxx

stitch-and-greet said...

wowee! this is really perfect! a f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c card! thanks a lot for sharing!! renata xx

Unknown said...

Your colouring is amazing! Such a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining our ribbon challenge over at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

Audhild said...

Wow this is amazing. Your coloring is so beautiful. Love all the details on your card. Thank you for joining the EHA challenge.

Hugs, Audhild

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed at your talent when I look at your work. You create such beauty. I wish that I could do what you do. It truly is inspiring! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Annie said...

A stunning card, such a sweet fairy image and wonderfully coloured! thank you for joining in with our challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
hugs, annie x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Rose, what a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of using die-cuts. Stunning. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Aunty Sue said...

totally love this and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz with our stitches challenge

Elphine House said...

Wow. Just wow. Such an amazing card, with a beautiful treatment of colour. Did I mention wow?

Thank you for joining us at the Elphine House Glitter it Up challenge. xx

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful card Rose and so exquisitely colored. Thanks so much for joining us at the EHA Glitter It Up Challenge and best of luck. "Hugs"