Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, October 4, 2013

Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge: Use a Hannah Lynn Image

The design team over at the Crafts and Me Stamps' challenge blog wants to see how you use Hannah Lynn images on your projects.  Hannah Lynn is sponsoring this challenge and a randomly selected entry will receive a wonderful signed 8x10 inch matte photo print direct from Hannah herself! You can find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

I've used the newly released digital image named Payton by Hannah Lynn on a double gatefold card with a window.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.



Bazzill's light blue and green cardstock is layered with Imaginisce double-sided balloon/spots patterned paper to create my card.  My image is shaped to be seen through a window formed using a Lifestyle Crafts Large Circles die set.  A 5/8" Satin Sensations Island Blue ribbon bow provides an element to hang a vintage "sweet thing" charm from a Tim Holtz idea-ology Trinket Pin.
 
Here's a view of the front of my card when closed showing how I've used the Payton digital mermaid image . . .
 



This view shows my double gatefold card with windows on each side as it stands open and ready for display.
 



You've got to hop over to the Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge blog to see how the amazingly talented Design Team has shown their use of Crafts and Me Stamps Hannah Lynn images.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion "Add a Little Charm" (here)
Ooh La La Creations "F is for ____?" (here) - fancy folds, fantasy, fun, face, fin
Bunny Zoe's Crafts "Something Blue" (here)
Crafty Sentiments "Favorite Technique or Colors" (here) - Fancy Folds, Brights
Simon Says Stamp! "Going Dotty" (here) - Dots throughout background paper and on clothing
Fab 'n Funky "Ribbon" (here)
Moving Along with the Times "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Craft "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Ribbons "Anything Goes with Ribbon" (here)
Crafty Catz "Anything Goes" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
headband, top, fin - B21, B24, B26
leaves, tail, fin - G02, G05, G09
faux suede background - BG53



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

13 comments:

Gery said...

Wow, what a cheerfull and bright coloured card. This realy looks great.
You did a perfect job by making this.
Love your colouring work!!!
Groetjes Gery

Lau W said...

Fantastic card Rose, wow, so wonderful colors, and such a nice image !
xxx

Carole said...

Love the shape of your card Rose, and the cheerful colours. Thanks for playing along @ MAWTT this week.
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Unknown said...

Hi Rose, what a fabulous image, perfectly coloured and I love your card shape!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at MAWTT.

Sarah

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous design and so perfectly coloured, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Michelle said...

A fantastic card with great colours. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Jac’s Playground said...

Back again! thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

NickScrapShack said...

This is such a cool card! I love the fold and the "window". Great colours and wonderful little trinkle.

Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
Nick

Jackie W said...

Oh, so gorgeous! Love the image and your coloring! The card design is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
Jackie W
SchoolinandScrappin
Crafty Sentiments
Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

Unknown said...

Lovely... Fabulous coloring of the image, Rose. :)
Have an awesome day!

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous dotty card, love the design of card and beautiful image.

Thank your for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with the Crafty Sentiments Challenge this time.
Cathy xx

cebelica said...

I love how you colored the image - looks great. And the design of your card is awesome too. Beautiful creation! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx