Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, April 18, 2014

Elisabeth Bell's Dolly's Picnic Digi Bells' Blog Hop

To celebrate the newest addition to the Elisabeth Bell Design's Digital Gallery (here), the Digi Bells Design Team is hosting a blog hop.

How can you win your own Dolly's Picnic digi image? You'll have to hop through and leave comments on EACH blog. [You can find the full list of blogs at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).] Lynda will pick 2 blogs at random and the winners will be picked from those comments. The hoppers will have until Friday, April 25, 2014 at 9 AM to leave comments. The winners will be posted at the Digi Bells' blog on Saturday, April 26, 2014.

Reminder: Buying then sharing digital images is theft. Sharing digital images takes income away from the artist.

* * * * *

I've used this playful little lady having tea with her doll, on a side-open card.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image .



Layers of Bazzill teal and lavender are teamed up with Memory Box Viola 6x6" paper collection and Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue Shine a Light double-sided paper.  My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally "Celebrate" blue twine is weaved through a Whimsy Stamps Celebration Pennants set of sentiments die cut using their Banner Pennant Die Set.  Lifestyle Crafts Large Oval dies shape my image and a Creative Impressions enjoy relax savor Twill provides a bottom border.


The inside is left blank to stamp or handwrite a personal message . . . 



Remember to leave your comment below then move along to follow the blog hop route at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafting When We Can "Ribbon/Twine/Washi" (here)
Sir Stampalots Stamping Sensations "Use Dies and/or Punches" (here)
Ooh La La Creations "Easter/Spring" (here)
Creative Card Crew "Spring" (here)
Southern Girls "Earn Your Stripes" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, basket - E31, E35, E47
grassy ground - YG11, YG13, YG17
outfits - BV11, BV13, BV17, BG13, BG15, BG18
blanket - YR000, YR01, YR02
doll shoes, tea set - E41, E42, E43, atyou Spica Gold
sky - B41




"Top 3" Apr. 30, 2014 CWWC

As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

15 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Rose! I love the colors and design! Wonderful coloring!

Unknown said...

This is such a romantic card, love this stamp and your choice of colors is wonderful! Thank you for an inspiration!
Anna xxx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Beautiful colouring. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop.

Karen Oliver said...

What a cute little image. I love the banner too. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Mary Lou said...

Hi Rose....Happy Easter!! Hope things are good by you and your card is ever so CUTE!!! Always love your coloring and the banner is adorable!!
Bigg hugs

Lynne K said...

What a gorgeous image, so beautifully coloured! I love the bunting too! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us for our Dies & Punches Challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

brenda said...

A little late getting here Rose but wanted to say that your creation is lovely and just perfect for our Dies and Punches theme, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

Tammi said...

beautiful work with the image!!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SGCB!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute! Your colouring of this adorable image is very pretty! Love your little banner too! Wishing you a joyful day!

Crea-Sandra said...

Beautiful project, I love the colors and layout!
Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
♥ Sandra ♥

Amy A said...

Rose, this is GORGEOUS!! Love the image, which is colored beautifully. Great color palette and I love, LOVE the design elements. Thank you for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges this week!

Amy~DT

vivie said...

beautiful colouring::: love this card!! thanks for sharing it with crafting when we can!!

alethea said...

Rose this is absolutely stunning!!! Love your pennant banner and your colouring of Lissybee's newest image!! Thanks for joining us at SGC for our Earn Your Stripes challenge. HUgsxx

Daniele said...

so pretty, lovely colouring so glad you joined us at OLL
hugs

paper fun said...

Very sweet, Rosie. So adorable.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari