Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, March 4, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Some Odd Girl's Guitar Kody

This sweet little guy smiles as he softly strums his acoustic guitar.  He is a digi image, named Guitar Kody, designed for Some Odd Girl.  You can get your own Guitar Kody at the Some Odd Girl online shop here.

This photo shows my Copic-filled image. . .



I've used Bazzill dark blue cardstock to form my side open card.  A Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades sheet music embossing folder adds a musical background when I've embossed a piece of Core'dinations Color Core Whitewash Weather Vane cardstock and lightly sanded the raised surface to see the core.  A Sizzix red original Blazing Sun die cut forms my circular element.  A Lifestyle Crafts' Large Oval shapes my image.  An older Hero Arts' vertical Thank You Note stamp runs down a banner, accented with an Offray blue ribbon bow, at the side of my image.  A wooden button from a My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally "Best" pins and buttons set adorns one top corner.  A strip of blue rhinestones runs down the side of a lower corner.
 
This photo shows the front of my card, displaying Some Odd Girl's Guitar Kody . . .



A simple computer-generated part of a song by Dido called Thank You is included inside.  Each of us NEEDS SOMEONE who makes us feel like everything is gonna be alright.  When we're lucky enough to have that person, it'll be great to thank them too.



 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Some Odd Girl "Sketch" (here)
Sweet Stampin' "Embossing" (here)
Sweet Stamps "Embossing Folder + Die + Stamp" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "You're on My Mind" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Inspirations "Buttons and Bows" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Something Old" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "BINGO - die/punch, embossing, buttons" (here)
Craft Us Crazy "Anything Goes" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, guitar - E31, E35, E47
sneakers, guitar - T9, T6, T0
guitar front - E53, E55, E57
eyes, pants - B32, B34, B37, B39
sneakers - C1, C3, C5
ground shadow - C3, C2, C1, C0


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

10 comments:

Kim said...

Love this card! Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Kerry said...

Wow Rose...your coloring is outstanding on this little guy..his hair is fabtastic. Love the sentiment and it's so true xx

Lin said...

Great design, Rose - love the embossing in the background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Lau W said...

Sonice card Rose ! Wow, your colouring is so fab !
xxx

Highland Handmade said...

Gorgeous card, love the image you have used x

Annette Allen said...

aww Rose this card is adorable...great take on the sketch..thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card! Fab image and the embossing is perfect with him. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

mixamatoasties said...

Love it!

Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Rose I am loving that sun type die element.. it looks fantastic on your totally cool card! Great take on the sketch and so happy you joined us at Some Odd Girl this month!!
Hugs,
Leah

Faye said...

Rose, I really like the rich colours you've used on this fab card. You have created so much texture too. Thanks for playing at SOG this month... Good luck. X