Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Butterfly Bliss by Teresa Sherman

I'm happy to join in this week's Sweet Stampin' "Glamour and Glitz" challenge as a guest designer.  It's an honor to be invited to submit a project to be displayed along with the Sweet Stampin' team projects.  Thanks to Tracey and the rest of the Sweet Stampin' design team for including me!  (You can find out more about this My Mum's Craft Shop AND The Ribbon Girl sponsored challenge as well as the wonderfully talented Sweet Stampin' design team here.)

I've used Butterfly Bliss, just one of Teresa Sherman's many gorgeous digi images.  She's available from Delicious Doodles here or Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet online shop here.  I've used Copic markers to fill her skin and hair.  A variety of colors of Copic atyou Spicas add amazing sparkle to the butterflies.  Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick fill her clothing, feathered earrings and brooch.



This photo shows my completed card front where I've used this stunning image.  Bazzill cardstock is layered with Rusty Pickle's Lizzie's Cats spotted paper and Karen Foster Design's Fall Foliage patterned paper.  A Magnolia Doohickeys Tilda Lace Die border grounds my image.  Several Zva Creative clear rhinestone swirls provide movement around my image while a green seam binding bow lies in one corner.

 

Pop over to the Sweet Stampin' challenge blog for wonderful design team inspiration and enter your "Glamour and Glitz" project to win some fabulous prizes.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Delicious Doodles "Gems and Bling!" (here) - entered twice; added "2nd entry"
One Stitch at a Time "Autumn/Fall" (here) - (forgot to add "#" after entry)
Papertake Weekly "Make it Sparkle" (here)
Crafty Sentiments "Fall/Autumn Colors" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "Things with Wings" (here) - butterflies
Simon Says Stamp! "Use a SSS! Product" (here) Copic Markers, atyou Spica, Distress Stickles,
          Magnolia Doohickeys Tilda Lace Die
Fab-n-Funky "Leaves" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
Wags 'n Whiskers "Sparkle" (here)
Oldie but Goodie "Dies and Punches" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, eyes - E31, E35, E47
background - Y23
Copic atyou Spica - olive, garnet, lemon, orange, gold, mint, sand, chocolate



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

16 comments:

Sudha said...

Pretty awesome. I luv this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Ingrid Mason said...

Rose, I'm really struggling to find the words to do justice to your amazing work in this beautiful card. how It truely is a 'work of art' and I would imagine that Teri will be delighted when she sees how you have worked with her image. The colouring of Butterfly Bliss' complexion and hair is flawless, the sparkle of the butterflies stunning and the glittery jewellery and clothing so perfect. Then you have mounted her on a most lovely background - rich in Autumn colours and a touch of 'bling'. Just gorgeous Rose. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful. The coloring is a work of art. Wonderful Autumn colors & embellished. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch#181 Autumn.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

Planetsusie said...

Hi Rose - this really is glorious - I adore these colours so much and the image is striking!

Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week, I do hope we see you again soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT Member

crafty-stamper said...

stunning card love the fantastic and beautifully coloured image gorgeous Autumn colours and love all the bling congrats on your GDT spot thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT

Chriss America Real said...

This is one of those cards that I have to spend a large amount of time looking at just to see all of the elements that went into making it so absolutely, amazingly beautiful. First of all I would like to say that your coloring if FANTASTIC, especially the hair..just gorgeous! Then your background paper and embellishments are perfect. My goodness this is just so lovely.

Thank you so much for playing along with the stitchy bear angel design team! See you next week!

Hugs,
Chriss - DT -OSAAT
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

cheiron said...

FABULOUS in every way. LOVE your coloring. Thanks for joining us on the STAMPtember® Blog hop and playing along with this week's challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Chris said...

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful card, Rose! Your coloouring is amazing!
Chris
x

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky & Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Gail said...

Very pretty card!! Thanks for being our guest this week! --Gail, SS DT

NanaConnie said...

That's one of my favorite images by Teri, Rose, and you've colored it beautifully! How wonderful that you chose to play along in our "Things with Wings" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Thank you. I hope we'll see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “gems and bling”. Lovely to see you use Teri's Butterfly Bliss image. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly's sparkle challenge, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

DesignerDiva said...

This is beautiful Rose, your colouring is totally amazing!
Thanks for sharing it with the Diva's this week for our Anything Goes challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Laura Love said...

Wow! This is stunning! Sorry for the late comment but I just wanted to say thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs and we hope to see you play along with us again soon!