Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge: Witches

The Digi Bells design team over at the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge Blog wants to see your Witches.  A very lucky randomly selected entry will win TWO Elisabeth Bell digi images of their choice AND an exclusive stamp from Whiff of Joy!  You can find out more about this challenge and sponsors here.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image with a few highlights added with a Sakura Gelly Roll medium White marker . . .



Layers of Bazzill Raven black and Green Bling with patterned sheets from Little Yellow Bicycle's (LYB) Frightful 8x8 tablet form my side-open card.  A Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die cut of black netting lies behind the Lifestyle Crafts Large Circle shaped image.  An EK Success Whale of a Punch Photo Corner Scallop of Doodlebug Design's black sugar paper is popped up in an upper corner.

A journaling frame from the LYB Frightful tablet, matted with black glossy paper, holds a black paper covered chipboard bat from a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations "Bewitching Hour" die.  A few handmade flowers made from a Punch Bunch small blossom and birch leaf with a pearl center are lightly painted with Star Dust Stickles to add sparkle to the other upper corner.



A "bewitching" bracket from the LYB Frightful tablet lies beneath a bow made from Michaels' 3/8" Celebrate It black metallic ribbon and another handmade flower from a Cheery Lynn Build-a-Flower #1 die set with Punch Bunch extra large birch and medium oak leaves painted with Star Dust Stickles for wonderful glimmer.  A couple of QuicKutz digital image pumpkin vines, cut by my Silhouette electronic cutter are spritzed with Tattered Angels Creme de Chocolat Glimmer Mist to add a swirling border.



Here's a view of my completed card front showing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Little Witch with a Broom clear stamp image . . . There's amazing sparkle, shimmer and glimmer all over this card - it's a shame that I couldn't capture it in the photos.


 
Here's a view of the inside of my card . . .



You can find more inspiration using Elisabeth Bell's digital images at the Digi Bells Design Team blog here and many rubberstamp and clear stamp images at the Elisabeth Bell's World challenge blog here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts "Ribbon" (here)
Simon Says Stamp and Show "Spooky" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "Halloween or Halloween Colors" (here)
Crafty Creations "Halloween Characters" (here)
Divas by Design "Spooked" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Spooktacular" (here)
Paper Crafting Journey "Anything Goes" (here)
Southern Girls "Shine On" (here)
Stampin' For the Weekend "Something Spooky" (here)
Fashionable Stamping "Make a Card" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
broom handle, pumpkin stems - E31, E35, E37
broom bristles - Y21, Y26, Y28 + atyou Spica Gold
pumpkins, clothing trim - E02, E04, E09
hat, cloak - V20, V22, V25, V28
clothing trim - G40, G43, G46
spider, web - atyou Spica Silver
airbrushed background - Y21


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous card, love the adorable witch showcased in the circle. Lovely design and colours too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Chalenge. Tracy x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab Creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member.
xxxxx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely spooky card and layout, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge, good luck cheers Sue x

Meggymay said...

A sweet, adorable image. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Emily Leiphart said...

Really gorgeous, Rose! I love all the die cuts you used around the image. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Heather said...

A stunning card Rose, a beautifully coloured sweet image and her background highlights the gorgeous darker coloured papers - fabulous details!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xxx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Rose. Such a beautiful stamped image! I love how you have done the inside of the card too. Every element is just perfectly placed and coloured. A really gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

heidy said...

This is so pretty and cute!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
XXX Heidy

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, wow, wow! That's all x