Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, April 29, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Kenny K's Jasmine

This sweet Kenny K image named Jasmine can be useful for nearly all occasions.  You can find Jasmine as a rubberstamp at the Whimsy Stamps online store here.

I've used Jasmine on an easel card to share happy wishes.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  A layer of Diamond Stickles adds shimmer to her shirt.



Layers of Bazzill cardstock with SEI Diane Fresh Linen double-sided patterned paper form my easel card and faux stitching adds a contrasting border.  A few Recollections black mini brads are lined in two corners.  A Morex Corp 1 3/8" white lace ribbon provides a grounding border.  A happiness sentiment from a Stampin' Up! Summer by the Sea set is stamped near my image.  Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish and Mini Fancy Flourish are layered with My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Blush "Sweet" Pearl Swirls.  Flower clusters are formed with Prima's Gillian Raspberry and Fairytale Roses Baby Pink with Petaloo Dazzlers Florettes in fuschia.

Here's a view of the front of my card showing how I've used Jasmine.
 
 
 
The base of my card includes a stamped sentiment from a Stampin' Up! For Father set, a strip of KaiserCraft Pink Champagne pearls and a Creative Charms pink netted butterfly.
 

 
Here's a view of my easel card, open and ready for display . . .
 

 
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Kenny K "Tic Tac Toe" (here) - Row 2 Lots of Layers, Pearls, Stamped Image, Lace
Whimsy Stamps "Pretty in Pink" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Creations "Pink + One Other Color" (here) - brown
PaperCrafting Journey "Use a Sentiment" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Flowers and Lace" (here)
Wags 'n Whiskers "May Flowers" (here)
Stampin' for the Weekend "Die Cuts and/or Punches" (here)
Sweet Stampin' "Anything but Birthday" (here)
Fashionable Stamping "Sentimental" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
shoes, eyes - E93, E95, E97, E99
clothing, glasses - R81, R83, R85, R89
airbrushed background - E35, E33, R81, E95



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

17 comments:

KandA said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and design. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

Deloris said...

Gorgeous easel card! Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card! Fabulous coloring and beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous easel-card, wonderful image and elements. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Gail said...

This card reminds me of a photograph. The image is colored so wonderfully that it doesn't look like you colored it, but that it is a photograph. BTW, that's a compliment. This is gorgeous. LOVE the colors, the fold is great and the inside of the card is beautiful, too. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon. --Gail

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is beautiful.. so pretty
Lisa x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, fabulous image and love your flowers and lace...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card Rosie, I love how you've coloured the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Pretty In Pink challenge x

coops said...

so stunning rose.beautiful colours and flowers and i love your sassy image :D

xx coops xx

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous card! Cute image, and the pearls and flowers look perfect. Thanks so much for entering at Wags n Whiskers challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the pretty image, wonderful colouring and all your detailing is so gorgeous. The sentiment is so special too.
Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
Sue xx

Kim said...

Beautiful, great sentiment! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin'.

Sandra said...

This is great.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' x

Mrs.B said...

That's a beautiful sentiment you've used on this great card.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Rosie...wow!!!! Love this! Very well balanced and the colours...perfect!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Suzilou said...

This is such a gorgeous image and love the pretty soft colours you have used and all the lovely embellishments. Really stunning card.

Thank you for playing along with Kenny K this week :)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Gorgoeus! Lots of lovely details! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Kenny k's Krafty Krew challenge blog! Hugz, Cheryl