Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sizzix Big Shot Pro Tea Pot Box with Sassy Studios' Pin Up Kitty

I came across a Sassy Studios' monthly Facebook progressive challenge through their fan page.  Jackie Randolph will provide a free image for use during that month's themed challenge.  As long as you submit a project showing your use of the image following the theme then you're eligible to win a prize as well as get another free image for the next month's challenge.  If for any reason you don't use the image during that month's challenge, then you must sit out the next month's challenge and try again the following month.  This type of progressive challenge intrigued me so I decided to try and participate.  You can find out more about this Sassy Studios Facebook progressive challenge here.

The free image that Jackie is providing for use during this month's "Hearts and a Sassy Sentiment"-themed progressive challenge is called Pin Up Kitty.  The photo of this month's Pin Up Kitty project must be uploaded here before midnight EDT on February 13th.

After I fussy cut my Copic-filled image, I used my brush-tipped Copic black multi-liner to create a silhouette look of the back in case any part of the back showed beyond my project's edge.  I covered the front of my Pin Up Kitty with a layer of Glossy Accents for amazing shine and additional dimension.


I used Bo Bunny's "Crazy Love" double-sided patterned paper to die cut my Sizzix Big Shot Pro Tea Pot Box.  The base of the tea pot and lid as well as the tip of the spout are trimmed with 1/2" cotton black lace.


My Pin Up Kitty is popped up along the handle side of the tea pot.  An Inky Antics stamped sentiment lies near the kitty image.  The sentiment alone doesn't seem too sassy but taken in context near the image I think it can be pretty sassy.  A My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally "Best" red heart pin slides behind the sentiment.



The lid of the box can be removed.  I've folded the base of a Lifestyle Crafts Tag It Kits tag then machine-sewed the edge.  The pocket holds a Crafty Secrets Tea with Alice large set sentiment as well as a few hearts stamped with Adirondack Red Pepper ink.  A heart with arrow eyelet holds the tag to the tip of the lid with a 20-gauge black thread.  A row of Heidi Swapp bling borders the tag pocket.


The tea pot stands at 6" tall, is 4 1/2" wide at the base and 3 1/8" wide at the top.  That makes a nice size box for holding sweet treats.


I'm entering this project into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts "Stitching" (here)
Simon Says Stamp and Show "Love Notes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "Have a Heart" (here)
Divas by Design "Die Cuts" (here)
Crafty Catz "Anything Goes" (here)
Winter Wonderland "Digi Days" (here)
Stampin' For the Weekend "Anything but a Card" (here)
Delicious Doodles "Die Cuts/Punches" (here)
Sweet Stampin' "Love/Valentines" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00, E95, W3 (over stockings)
hair, eyes, tail - E31, E35, E47
ears, collar, outfit, shoes - R27, R21 (Fade with Lightest Color Technique)


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

13 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow how fabulous love the use of the digi ana a beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Lau W said...

Oh this project is fabulous Rose ! Wonderful creation !
xxx

tilly said...

this is super, love the way you have created it, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
Tilly

Pia Larsen said...

Now, that is something I haven't seen before. A tea pot card/box - FABulous idea!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Pia xx

mixamatoasties said...

What an original design! Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Rachel said...

Fab project Rose, love the teapot.

Thanks for sharing the love at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Janice said...

An excellent project, this is just brilliant. Thanks for sharing at Divas, Jx

Janine said...

What a fabulous creation and I love the tea pot die. Great colouring on your image too. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Suzanne C said...

Super teapot for putting a special valentine's treat in for your loved one! Cute design! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Love your beautiful fabulous teapot, great sassy image.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Berry said...

What a darling creation thanks for sharing at stampin for the weekend hugs Rebekah xx

Cely said...

so stinkin cute! need to get this sassy image!

Tam Francis said...

Soooo cute. Love the teapot and the kitten, kitty Oh la la. Reminds me of a music video by Parov Stellar. Did I miss the link to the tutorial. It would be a perfect gift for my tea group :)

Thanks for the inspiration.
~ Tam Francis ~
www.girlinthejitterbugdress.com