Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Kenny K's ElenaK

This fabulously fun young lady dances her heart out while she plays her tambourine.  She is a rubberstamp image, named ElenaK of the Rock Squad Collection, designed by Kenny Kiernan for Whimsy Stamps.  You can get your own ElenaK at the Whimsy Stamps online shop here.

This photo shows my Copic-filled image entertaining everyone who watches and listens.



Creative Imaginations Feel the Rhythm double-sided patterned paper, layered with Bazzill cardstock forms my easel card.  My image is shaped and matted with Lifestyle Crafts Large Circle die cuts.  A very old (like maybe 8 years old!  I was surprised that it still worked! LOL!!!)  Jo-Ann Essentials Word Stamp contained the perfect words that reminded me of a favorite song called The Best of Times by Styx.  Strips of Michael's light blue Rhinestone Stickers border two sides of my card cover and base.  K&Company Christmas Cheer Adhesive Gems are aligned in the opposite corners.  Handmade accent daisies are easily coordinated when I use Punch Bunch punches in small, medium and large daisies and birch leaves with a mini sun.  Each flower is lightly painted with Star Dust Stickles for amazing sparkle.  McGill's pine branch punches provide nice, sparkly filler.  Bits of My Favorite Things Die-namics Fancy Flourishes cut from gold cardstock provide glamorous movement throughout.
 
This photo shows the front of my card, displaying Kenny K's ElenaK . . .



The base is decorated to match the front.  I've added a sentiment from a Hero Arts clear Huge Hugs set.  QuicKutz Revolution Rockstar Outfits dies provided a great drum set and guitar that I paper-pieced with gold mirror paper for more dimension.  A Lifestyle Crafts Doodles cookie cutter set provided the perfect You Rock die cut embellishment.



This pic shows how my easel card looks when open and ready for display . . . This card was so much fun for me to work on that I feel a bit sad that I have to call it done.  Odd, huh?
 
 
 
It's Happy Mail!!! Someone special will be receiving this card through the mail soon.  I'll be back later to add my clue.  Ahhh . . . could it be you?

I'm entering this easel card into the following challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Krew "Get Sketchy 2" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "Bling It On" (here)
Tuesday Alchemy "Anything Goes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Paper Piecing" (here) - drum set and guitar
Crafty Creations "Just Takes Two" (here) - two identical accent daisies
Creative Inspirations "Anything Goes Optional Flowers" (here)
Moving Along with the Times "Bling It On" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "For A Girl" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Let's Dance" (here)
Totally Gorjuss "Flowers!" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
open mouth - E93, E95, E97, BV00
pants, shoes, scarf, hair flower - BG01, BG05, BG09
shirt, tambourine, stand - Y21, Y26, Y28
highlight - Y02, 0
microphone, tambourine disks - C5, C3, C1
eyeballs, teeth - C1, C3, 0
airbrushed background - Y21, BG01, W3


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

10 comments:

Laine said...

Fabulous image on a fun card Rose. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at PCJ Challenge.
Laine
xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO gorgeous Rose! what a fab image and you've coloured her to perfection… I love the soft background.. it really makes the image pop! and the papers and embellishments are absolutely stunning! everything has come together beautifully on this card! :-)
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Nonni said...

What an amazing easel card! Your coloring is really superb and all those details in your card -wow!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

Kat said...

What a fun image. Love the colour combo and the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

This card is absolutely incredible Rose. I love how the blues and browns work so well together. The design is great, the embellishments compliment so well and I absolutely love those flowers. To top it off your colouring is fantastic. Fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Tuesday Alchemy challenge. I hope that you will continue to enter into our future challenges.

Lisa D.

CraftyGirl said...

Spectacular easel card. Love the colors and image. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

sue w. said...

This is such a wonderful image and perfect for our Challenge. Love the colurs and the fab details. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
Hugs Sue W.

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, inside and out. Beautiful make on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew for our challenge this week
Louise

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, what a wonderful creation, I love everything about it. Your colouring is amazing!Thanks for playing on Kenny Ks Krafty Krew this Week, Hazelxo

Unknown said...

This card looks like so much fun! I really love the color combinationand the rhinsestones add a touch of glam. Nice!