Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, June 13, 2011

Zentangle: Ideas Worth Spreading

I was thrilled to accept an invitation to participate in a TEDx program early this month at the Princeton Public Library as a guest instructor to share the art of Zentangle.  In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, the Princeton Public Library organized a cornerstone TEDx (Technology, Entertainment, Design) event to bring people together to share a TED-like experience.  As Zentangle is a meditative art form, the library's TEDx event team recognized how incorporating Zentangle into their program would further enhance their ideas worth spreading theme.

I am pleased to share this photo showcasing the Zentangles created by my workshop's participants, many whom had never heard of or tried to tangle this way before.


As there is no right side up or upside down to a Zentangle, these Zentangle tiles look magnificent no matter which way they're positioned . . .


The rest of the evening was full of fabulous motivational speakers and performances.  If you're lucky enough to have an organized TEDx event in your area, I'd strongly encourage you to attend.  You won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

Cards By MI said...

That's so cool. Looks fantastic and so great with the same patterns and still so different.
XXMarie

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Rose! So happy u made this post! I love Zentangle and carry my little notebook to tangle when I can! Hope it does catch on more! tfs!

Maire Gamber said...

This is absolutely fascinating! I could get caught up in these gorgeous designs all evening". And then some. just beautiful!