Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, August 1, 2011

Copic Creations Challenge: Add Grass and Landscape

The current challenge at the Copic Creations Challenge blog is to add grass and/or landscape to your images.  Lili of the Valley is sponsoring this challenge and offering a generous gift certificate for use at their online store as a prize to a randomly selected entry.  Find out more about this challenge and the sponsor here.

I've used Lili of the Valley's Time for a Cuppa image.  I do love tea and I'm always attracted to tea-related images and sayings.  This view shows a closer look at my Copic filled image where I have used quick, short strokes of the brush tip to flick some blades of grass for ground cover and stipple a few wildflowers throughout the ground . . .



I chose Copic colors to coordinate with the Echo Park's Life Is Good Floral Dress patterned paper that I layered with Bazzill cardstock.

I used flower and birch leaf punches with a mini sun to layer coordinating flowers on one side,


while a Crafty Secrets Tea with Alice sentiment and teapot charm adorn the other side.


This photo shows the completed card front that shows how I've used Copics to add grass and a bit of wildflowers to my image.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Domi's Sketch Challenge (here)
Paper Sundaes Clouds and Sky Challenge (here)
Allsorts Free and Easy Challenge (here)



 
"Top 3" Aug. 10, 2011 Paper Sundaes
 
 



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair/table legs - E21, E23, E27
hat/dress/socks/cupcake - RV0000, RV00, RV11, BG11, BG15, BG18
shoes/teapot/teacup - Y21, Y26, Y28
grass - G00, G12, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG18
tablecloth - R20, R22, R27
airbrushed clouds - BG15, BG11/ground G12

5 comments:

Cards By MI said...

This is so cute. The colours are wonderful and your colouring, just WOW. The table cloth and gras looks fabby.
love n hugs
Marie

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a darling card! Your clouds look just lovely! thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Becky said...

What an adorable image and fabulous coloring.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic card!!

Thanks so much for joining in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week....

Emma xxx

Dianne said...

STUNNING! I love the colors you chose for this card and your coloring is amazing.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/