Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, March 19, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Eden's 2nd Christmas

This sweet little toddler simply can not resist the temptation to touch the shiny, sparkling ornament of her family's Christmas tree.  This digital image, designed by Elisabeth Bell, is named Eden's 2nd Christmas.  You can find her at the Elisabeth Bell Digital Gallery here.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image:



My flower clusters consist of handmade flowers made from EK Success 6-petal medium and small daisy punches with a Creative Impressions Bits of Bling White Pearl placed inside of each.  They're also painted with Diamond Stickles for extra sparkle.  The McGill pine branch adds some dimension.  I've twisted my Jenni Bowlin Superior Cream Stick Pin to create a ring to hold my Dove of the East Angel charm at the center of my 1/4" Wrights Creative Classics lace bow.  Simple to punch, then pinch each petal, these flowers look beautiful and full when layered.  Here's a closer view of one of my flower clusters . . .


Graphic45's Christmas Past Collection "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," Basic Grey Wassail "Merry Happy" and American Traditional Designs Holiday Cheer-Earthtones "Christmas Cookies," layered with cardstock form my easel card.  I've die cut my image using the Letterpress Large Circles set and layered the circles on top of Letterpress Nesting Doily Circles.



I've included a few Martha Stewart and EK Success Paper Shapers butterflies on the front and inside of my card.  They're all lined with pearls over their bodies and their wings are painted with Diamond Stickles for added shine.  A Basic Grey green button sits on each side of my flower cluster.  An Outlines Rubberstamp sentiment adorns my card front while a Hero Arts "Wishing You Peace" sentiment takes center stage on the inside of my card.



Here's my completed easel card showing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Eden's 2nd Christmas digital image . . .



You can find more inspiration using Elisabeth Bell's digital images at the Digi Bells Design Team blog here.



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Emerald Faerie Garden "Easel Cards" (here)
Winter Wonderland "Magical (Fairy or Angel)" (here) - Angel charm in flower cluster
Belles 'n Whistles "Butterflies" (here)
Elphine House "Pearls and Lace" (here)
One Stop Craft "Handmade Flowers" (here)
All Sorts "Three in a Row" (here)
Secret Crafter "Doilies are not just for Cakes" (here)
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Jo" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "A Bit O' Green" (here)
Crazy 4 Challenges "Green" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, bear - E31, E35, E47
trees, hair tie - G82, G85, G99
sock, bow, ornament - Y13, Y26, Y28
gift box - YG11, YG13, YG17
ribbon, garland - R22, R29, R59
lightbrite box - W1, W3, W5, T0, T6, T9
pajamas - E51, E55, E57 Inkssentials Opaque White pen
light bulb, ornament - B21, B26
airbrushed background - Y23, Y26, Y28




"Top 3" April 16, 2012 Belles 'n Whistles


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

20 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWEE - Look at you go Rose... Getting a head start on Christmas cards. I really should do the same... What a stunning card. Everything from your gorgeous coloring to the layout, papers, and beautiful embellishments.
So glad you entered this stunning creation over at EHA and BnW challenges.
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Rose!! Your creations are always so stunning!! Gorgeous coloring and design hun!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Belles n’ Whistles Challenge Blog ! Hope you will join us again and good luck!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

Anonymous said...

And also thanks for playing along at our Elphine House challenge as well!! :)

brenda said...

What a pretty Christmas card Rose and your row of three flowers are is perfect for our theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely creation and so perfect for our Magical Fairy or Angel Challenge at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us with your lovely work
Hugs Kate xx

downrightcrafty said...

oops forgot to say, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Carole of Brum said...

Oh how gorgeous, I love your colouring on this. Amazing card too. CoB

downrightcrafty said...

oh my and again sorry missed this one, thank you for joining us for our Easel Card Challenge at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Rose, this is one of my favourite images, wonderfully coloured and designed, So very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at EHA
Hugs Julie P

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Tracey Manderson said...

Wow this is so lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden, good luck, and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Tracey

Cor* said...

I love your story of "Rosie's book". made me smile inside! Thanks for that. Your card is luscious with details! So fantastic. I adore your flowers and charm placement. Coloring is spot on! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. Best of luck to you. Corry GDT

Shelley said...

Adorable image! Great job with the colouring its fab!I like the richness of the papers and colours. You have matched you colouring perfectly. hugs Shelley

Janneke said...

Another amazing card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia ..

Janneke XO

Joy said...

WOW! what a gorgeous card, this is jaw dropping gorgeous, amazing colouring... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Francesca said...

Beautiful
Thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie said...

Hi Rose...what an adorable card. Such a beautiful image and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Debbie x

Bente said...

Great card!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Bente

Curly said...

Thank You so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland Challenge with this absolutely magical creation I do hope that you will try and join us again next week

Have a lovely day
Hugs Bridget :0x
Winter Wonderland DT

Audhild said...

Your card is so beautiful. Thank you for joining the BnW challenge.

Hugs, Audhild