Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge: Shaped Cards

The Digi Bells design team over at the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge Blog wants to see your Shaped cards.  A very lucky randomly selected entry will win TWO Elisabeth Bell digi images of their choice AND a prize from Elphine House Australia!  You can find out more about this challenge and sponsors here.

This sweet little lady has been working hard gathering a basket full of apples for her teachers.  You can find this wonderful clear stamp image designed by Elisabeth Bell included FREE as a set of three Pretty Ladies with three additional floral hair piece stamps in the July 2013 issue of QuickCards Magazine.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image, hand-shaped as an apple.  I've airbrushed my cloudy sky background using diecuts from My Favorite Things Die-namics Cloud Trio set as masks.


An older Stampin' Up! red apple patterned paper is layered with Bazzill cardstock to form my Whimsy Shape EZ Happy Apple shaped card.  Faux stitching borders my card shape.  A strip of old burlap provides a diagonal border behind my image with a Cuddly Buddly worm button from a "Mixed Garden Brights" set tied with hemp cord on one side and a gingham ribbon bow on the other.

A Marianne Design Craftables Passe-Partout Rectangle diecut is popped up to hold a Close To My Heart Seasonal Sensation set "For You" stamped sign and a Sizzix original small green Fruit die apple die cut from chipboard then coated with glossy accents.  An additional hairpiece has been popped up and covered with glossy accents to hold her pony tail.

Here's a view of my completed card front showing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Pretty Lady with apple basket clear stamp image . . .


 
Here's a view of the inside of my shaped card . . .



This shows a side view of my apple shaped tent card, ready for display . . .




You can find more inspiration using Elisabeth Bell's digital images at the Digi Bells Design Team blog here and many rubberstamp and clear stamp images at the Elisabeth Bell's World challenge blog here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
ABC Challenge "V for Very Cute" (here)
Elphine House "Simply Cute" (here)
Stampin' for the Weekend "Back to School" (here) - Apple for Teacher
All Sorts "Button Up" (here) - worm button
Simon Says Stamp! "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Ribbons "Anything Goes with Ribbon" (here)
Marianne's Design Divas "Anything Goes" (here)
Sweet Stamps "Roses" (here) - Roses in her Hair
Oldie But Goodie "Dies and Punches" (here) - very old red gingham ribbon
Whimsy Stamps "Masculine Cards" (here) - For a Male Teacher from a female student


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, basket - E31, E35, E47
apples, roses, flowers - R20, R22, R27
blouse, grass, leaves - YG91, YG95, YG97
pants, smock, headband - B91, B95, B97
airbrushed masked cloud sky - B91, W1, W0, W00, 0


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rose :-) the image is very cute and I love the apple shape and all the details ,, so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
p.s I have a candy on MY BLOG if you would like to join in :-)

Heather said...

A stunning card Rose, I love your design and adorable sweet image coloured so beautifully (as usual!!!)

Thanks so much for joining us ag Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Fantastic! Thanks for joining at Oldie but a Goodie: Dies and Punches
Hugs
Dewi

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the apple shape of your card, beautiful coloring and shading on the image. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Denise said...

Wow! This apple is alive! Your coloring is to perfection! Love all the detail and thank you for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com Good luck in the draw.....
Sweet Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Natalie Laurijssen said...

Stunning card. Your papers are fabulous and I love your sweet image and gorgeous colouring.
Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges. I hope we'll see you again.
Hugs
Natalie

simply monica said...

Gorgeous card love the idea of the apple shape awesome touch thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com - new challenge is fast approaching see you there right?!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Rose! I love the apple shape and wonderfully-colored image! So glad you shared it for the Elphine House Challenge!

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwww Rose, it just doesn't get any cuter than this... and that little green worm button... I'm dying here... that is absolutely The BEST embellishment I've ever seen. LOL... It's the little things that bring me big smiles LOL..
Thanks so much for sharing your adorable creation with us over at Elphine House Australia this month.
Big Hugs,
Lynda