Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, February 15, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Ladybug Crafts Ink Gossip Jess

Ladybug Crafts Ink carries a fabulous line of The Teenagers digital images featuring Jess and Josh.  I've used Gossip Jess to share loving birthday wishes.  You can find Gossip Jess here.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . .



I've layered Bazzill white, dark and light pink with Wild Rose Studio Spring Fling paper stack patterns to form my twisted easel card.  Faux stitching provides a nice contrasting border.  Lifestyle Crafts Large Circles dies frame my image.  Wyla white ruffled lace adds a delicate touch.  A Stampin' Up! sentiment from a Sincere Salutations set is popped up in one corner while Zva Creative pink pearls and Marianne Design's Branch Forest adorn the others.  A pretty open-winged lady bug from an Elizabeth Die peeks out from a variety of handmade flowers, made from Punch Bunch punches that surround my image.

Here's a view of my card front that includes my layered flowers lightly painted with Diamond Stickles for sparkle.



This view shows the inside that includes a moving Birthday Love Peace stamped sentiment from Endless Creations.  I've lightly embellished with a Marianne Designs Branch Forest, an Elizabeth Dies closed wing lady bug and a handmade yellow paper white flower with a pearl in its center.



Here's a view of my twisted easel card, open and ready for displaying loving birthday wishes . . .




I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Ladybug Crafts Ink "Think Pink" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "Anything Goes" (here)
Fab 'n Funky "What's Inside" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Anything Goes" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "An Eye for Detail" (here)
Craft Us Crazy "Use Your Favorites" (here) - handmade flowers!
Bunny Zoe's "Flowers and Pearls" (here)
ABC Challenge "H is for Happy Birthday" (here)
Marianne's Design Divas "Favorite Colors" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
pants, book - R81, R83, R85, R89
shirt - RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
phone, book - BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
book pages, bed cover - E42, E40, 0
airbrushed background - Y00, E41, R01


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

24 comments:

Peanut said...

Beautiful, Rose. Love the colours and embellishments. So many lovely details. Stunning! Thanks for joining our challenge. We'd love to see you again next week. … x
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Rose. I love the image, gorgeous colours and wonderful detailing.
Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
Sue

Kerry said...

You are killing me Rose!!! This is just beautiful...love the colors and of course your coloring. The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us again at LCI for our Pink plus 1 challenge this fortnight (pretty please!!! lol)

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rose, fabulous image and love the pretty colours....Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous creation hun! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Ellibelle said...

Loving this easel card! Gorgeous design and beautiful image!
Thanks for playing along at ABC challenges!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow, this is so pretty and I just love the colors. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

~Jeri~ said...

Very nice! Love the image and your coloring!

Thanks for sharing your favorites with us at Craft Us Crazy!

Caz said...

This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

Caz CC DT

Laine said...

This is so stunning Rose. Love that image and all of your design detail.Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Louise said...

Beautiful card! Fabulous layout and details. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our Happy Birthday Challenge
Louise

Nonni said...

Wow, stunning! Your coloring is amazing and I love the colors of the cards. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Donna said...

A beautiful twisted easel card Rose, love the image and colors and your flower arrangement with the Marianne D branch.
Thanks for joining us this month at Marianne Designs Diva's Challenge.
hugs
Donna xx

Blankina said...

A very pretty card, thanks for showing your favourite colours at MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S, goodluck and hope to see you soon..

HUgs Blankina
MDD DT

Katy said...

Wow, I love this card! How great to find teenager images, I am on my way to have a look now! Hugs, Katy xx

Shirley said...

Very pretty easel card. Love the ribbon around the circle. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky.

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful twisted easel Rose. Thanks for sharing with us at BunnyZoe.
Hugs Tracy x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow Rose...Beautiful twisted easel card. One of my favourite teen images which I inked up the other day. The colours are gorgeous and your colouring is always top marks.
Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx

Leah l'Orange said...

she's fab! what a great card for a teenager or coming-of-ager! love the flowers and the color combo. thanks for joining the Charisma Galz for our Anything Goes challenge! Good luck!

Shea said...

Out of this world GORGEOUS, Rose! Another lovely work of art, and I'm crazy about all your embellishments. Because of you I've ordered several Punch Bunch punches and have started making my own flowers. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card.

greetings karin

crafty amy said...

Wow Rose this is so pretty :D
Thank you for joining us at Marianne's Design Divas and good luck.
Huge hugs

Amy xx

P.S. If you would like a crafty getaway this year there are still spaces on the one I organise yearly. For more details CLICK HERE

Anonymous said...

Wow! A beautiful card with amazing coloring. Love it!