Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Card Art Kit Challenge: Echo Park and Magnolia Prince Philip

This month's Scrappers Cove card kit contained these products . . . Echo Park Life is Good Brown Floral and Set the Table double-sided patterned papers, Bazzill cardstock, Hero Arts Stamp it! message and Ranger Liquid Pearls Petal Pink.


The largest of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 17 is a big enough die to complete a nicely shaped easel card.  There are enough smaller sized dies in that set to use for matting and layering similarly shaped pieces.

I used the Prince Philip Magnolia stamp from the Fairy Tale Collection 2010 as the focal point of my card front.  A few Bazzill Walnut self-adhesive jewels top his crown nicely.  The little pink pearls at each corner are made by barely touching the tip of the Ranger Liquid Pearls to the paper.  Liquid Pearls is a pearly paint mixture that can remain dimensional when dried.  I'm lovin' the look of this beautiful pearl texture as well as the ease in using it.


The Hero Arts Stamp it! message fit perfectly in the Spellbinders Labels 17 smallest die.  I used scraps from the patterned paper to die cut a couple of Sizzix 3D Flowers.  I filled the center of those flowers using the Ranger Liquid Pearls Petal Pink.  A little lace strip with some added leaf punches and I've set my Prince Philip in what I hope appears to be his natural surroundings.


A sentiment from Stamps N More covers the card base with an added Basic Grey button and another Sizzix 3D Flower.

This photo shows the full, shaped easel card that is my entry for the Scrappers Cove card kit challenge . . .


Click here for another example of a die-cut shaped easel card.  Click here for more specific information on how to create an easel card.

Copics used:
frog - YG11, YG13, YG17, 0
crown - Y13, Y26, Y28, atyou Spica gold
airbrushed sky - BG13, BG18
airbrushed grass - YG11

No comments: