Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Copic Creations Orange Challenge

Copic Creations is featuring the color orange in their latest challenge (here).  Tiddly Inks, home of Curly Qs, Annie and Lilly Beans digital images and papers, is sponsoring this challenge.

I've inked up a fun Motivet Chef Hilda image of a hippo that's been hoping to invite someone special for a surprise meal.

The Cool Gray family of Copics has a hint of blue in it and so seemed to be the best choice to use on a hippo.  That hint of blue also gives it a very cool tone so it's a great gray family to use for cold, metal things, like the tray and lid that Hilda is carrying.  (See an example of all four Copic Gray color families here.)


I know, I know . . . Chefs wear white.  Orange is associated with warmth and is said to increase your food cravings.  It stimulates enthusiasm and creativity.  So, Chef Hilda needs to wear orange.  I did let her have a "white" hat with just a touch of orange shadows reflecting from her orange outfit.


A Spellbinders scalloped rectangle die, Anna Griffin patterned paper, Offray simply sheer ribbon, and Basic Gray colored buttons helped to build this card that shows my attempt at featuring some of the Copic colors of orange.


Copics used:
Skin, Tray/Lid: C1, C3, C5
Blush: E93
Eyes:  BG0000, BG11
Dress, Bows, Hat: YR0000, YR00, YR01, 0
Airbrush: V93, BG11

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wowee Rose your colouring really is fantabulous!!!
Hilda looks delightful and I love the background colouring you've created for her and your wonderful details.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

Jami said...

Beautiful!! Love all the warm tones on this!!
Hugs, Jami

Jane Wetzel said...

Rose..wow...I TOTALLY love the colors u used here- just a PERFECT card..

mycardz said...

Hi Rose!! Yay, I've finally had a chance to stop by to see your creation. And you never disappoint! Love your card - I seldome use my Cs, but you've inspired me! Another masterpiece!! :) Glad to see you again at CC! hugz, Mary

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Oh my goodness this is cute! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us again for our Copic Creations challenge, Rose.

Katie Cotton said...

how stinkin' cute!!!! I'm just now making my rounds for the CC challenge and i'm so glad i did! Thanks so much for playing with the copic creations challenge!