Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Truth

The latest rubbah team challenge at the Crafts and Me Challenges blog is to "stamp something."  Crafts 4 You is offering three sets of digi images as a prize to a randomly selected entry.  Find out more about this challenge and their sponsor here.

I'm happy to share the second of two new digi images that I won for commenting during a recent Crafts and Me blog hop.  Find the first image, Forest Friend, here.

This beautiful Sara Burrier image is named Truth.  Blue is the color of truth, serenity and harmony, by helping to soothe the mind.  I've filled my image using Copic blue-greens.


A few Bazzill Basics walnut jewels accent the stamped sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s 2008 Notes for You stamp from the Country Living Notes Kit.

I formed my gatefold card using My Minds Eye 2007 Tres Jolie Bonjour "Boy" Polka Dot/Turquoise Papier.  A Sizzlits vintage photo corner adorns one corner of my image.

This photo shows the complete card front and my entry into the current Crafts and Me "stamp something" challenge.


When printing this digi image, I sized it to print at about 3 1/2" tall.  She's really quite stunning and will likely be a joy to fill with color even at a much larger size.  Being able to resize an image is a definite perk to using digi images.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
moon/chain/scarf - Y13, Y26, Y28
cross - R37
wings - C5, C3, C1, BV000, V000, Y000
gown - BG70, BG72, BG78
airbrushed E43, E41 (moon BG11)

5 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Stunning! Wonderful coloring of the dress. It looks fantastic!
Love n hugs
Marie

Teresa said...

Georgous Rose, the colours are so lovely, thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
Teresa x

Maire Gamber said...

This is just beautiful Rose! I love how you did the folds of the dress and the designer paper makes it all come together!
Hugs,
Marie

Vicky said...

WOW....this is gorgeous I love your colouring & I love how the image is the total focus. She looks fabulous. Congrats on your win hun.
Thank you for playing with us Rockin' Rubbah's over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Becky said...

This is a stunning angel and beautifully colored.