Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge: Hearts, Hearts and More Hearts - Lots of Love

I'm so happy to have accepted an invitation to participate in this month's challenge as a Guest Designer at the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge blog.  You can find out more about this challenge and see the fabulous work of the EB's World wonderful Digi Bells here.

This photo shows my Copic-filled digi image called Lots of Love by Elisabeth Bell.  This sweet little boy is overjoyed to give his loving Mother a bouquet of beautiful flowers!  Flower Soft in three green tones (Christmas Green, Green and Light Green mixed) and a fuschia tone add fabulous dimension to this wonderful bouquet.






This cluster of flowers is formed by layering some punched paper flowers covered with Diamond Stickles . . .





I've created my card using some dark and light pink Bazzill textured cardstock. A hint of heart patterned paper from KaiserCraft's Love Notes Collection "Promise" adds a splash of background color. A Martha Stewart lace heart border and Memory Box Cupid Heart and Serafina Heart die cut add intricate design to the sides of my image. A piece of a Cheery Lynn Heartland America Large heart doily provides a sweet hearty addition. A few heart brads, swirls of pink and clear rhinestones and a 7/8" Offray light pink satin ribbon bow with a dangling heart charm make loving supportive accents. A wonderful Hero Arts sentiment provides appropriate text support.

Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing Elisabeth Bell's Lots of Love image . . .





If you'd like to take advantage of an opportunity to WIN a couple of really sweet Elisabeth Bell digi stamps AND have a chance to be a GUEST design team member for Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge blog, then submit your entry at their monthly challenge here.



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Totally Paper Crafts "Make Your Own Flowers" (here)
Wags 'n Whiskers "Valentines/Love Card" (here)
Cupcake Craft "All You Need is Love" (here)
Hooked on Crafts "Something Bright" (here)
Daisy Doodles "Anything Goes" (here)
Anything Goes "To the One I Love" (here)
Oldie but Goodie "Have a heart" (here)
Sweet Stamps "Love" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Happy Highlights" (here) used flowersoft to highlight bouquet




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, shoes - E31, E35, E47
skirt - G82, G85, G99
flower stems - YG11, YG13, YG17
shorts - B91, B97
shirt, socks - C1, C3, C5
Mother's top - Y13, Y26, Y28
airbrushed outline shadow - W5, W1, Y00, RV02, RV29



I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

13 comments:

Joanie said...

WOW fab card Love It!

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow a beautiful card, awesome colouring luv all the detail, fab flowers, the flower soft looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Dodici said...

Fantastic card!You have coloured the image so beautifully and I really love the flower sof you have added!
Thanks for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts!
Dodici
x

Dawnll said...

Your coloring is wonderful! Beautiful details on your card.
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Brodders said...

Gorgeous x

Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week, good luck!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Rose.......Your work is always so packed with details!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Thanks for entering the DB call.
hugs........

Angie said...

Lovely card very pretty image love the flower soft on the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

having a {me} day said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you did the bunch of flowers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Unknown said...

Wooohooooo, Rose!!! Congrats! We will be GDT "Bell-buddies" for a whole 3 months - YAY, YAY, YAY! wendy xx

Buladi said...

Awesome design and wonderful colors.Soft flowers and image is fantastic. I love your hard work for this card.

Plastic Card
Plastic Card Printing

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card!! Great image and I love how you used the flower soft on the flowers, I have a ton of that stuff and really need to use it as I never have yet. Love all the added bling! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!!

Debs said...

Stunning card - gorgeous image and beautiful details.
Thanks for sharing it with us at AOBG this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Pysselbus said...

Awwww, this card is stunning, Rose!!! I love it and the fast the you've used "my" image... :-)

So happy to have you along for DigiBells GDT as well - welcome!!

Hugs
Linda