Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, July 20, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's Summer Daze Digi Bells' Blog Hop

To celebrate the newest addition to Elisabeth Bell's Digital Gallery (here), the Digi Bells Design Team is hosting a blog hop.

How can you win your own Summer Daze digi image?  You'll have to hop through and leave comments on EACH blog.  [You can find the full list of 13 other blogs at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).]  Lynda will pick 2 blogs at random and the winners will be picked from those comments. The hoppers will have until July 27, 2012 at 9 AM to leave comments. The winners will be posted at the Digi Bells' blog on Saturday, July 28, 2012.

Reminder:  Buying then sharing digital images is theft.  Sharing digital images takes income away from the artist.



* * * * *



I've used Summer Daze on the front of a side open card.  Cardstock and outdoors fly hooks and fishing poles patterned paper accent the fishing theme of this sweet image of children fishing. 

A QuicKutz fishing pole set provides die cuts to further accent my card's fishing theme.  A few handmade flowers made from punches and lightly painted with Diamond Stickles adorn my Hero Arts Woodland Creatures sentiment and cluster of die cut fishing gear.  A bit of glossy accents adds some dimension to the handle of my fishing pole and bobber.  Chalk accents the old Spellbinders fishing net.





Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Summer Daze digi image . . .






Remember to leave your comment below then move along to your final stop at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).  For reference, you can find the full list of the blogs to hop at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp! "Dawny's Sketch" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Daisy Doodles "Here Comes the Sun" (here)
Everybody Art "Summer" (here)
Fab 'n Funky "Make Your Own Flowers" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
ABC "T is for Two" (here) - used image of TWO children

* * * * *

If you'd like to join the Digi Bells as a Guest Design Team member, there are still 5 days left to submit your entry here.  Your term will cover August, September and October and you'll be well rewarded with new digi releases for those months and MORE . . .   Get over there and add your entry now!




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, puppy, punkweeds, basket, poles - E31, E35, E47
boy outfit - G82, G85, G99
girl outfit - YR21, YR24, YR27
water - BG000
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B000


"Top 5" Aug. 1, 2012 The ABC Challenge




I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

30 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

Just lovely. Hugs, Ankie

Unknown said...

wow! this is gorgeous! I LOVE your coloring, the die cut gear and the background color...it all makes the sweet image stand out. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Rose this is beautiful! I love everything about it!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

Lotte said...

Wow, I'm amazed with your card. Just absolutely fab! Love the colours, love the image, love just everything! Thank you for sharing. Hugs Lotte

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Rose! I love the sweet new image and you've colored it wonderfully! Great design and details!

Kim. said...

Oh my goodness this is quite simply stunning, love everything about it.
Kim xXx

CraftinGranny said...

So adorable Rose with all those wonderful embellies. Fantastic coloring the gorgeous overall layout. "Hugs"

Josephine said...

What beautifully earthy colours and fabulous colouring.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Stunning Rose! Love the themed embellishments and the reflection in the water is done perfectly :)

cheiron said...

Wonderful! Fabulous coloring and details...love the fish and bit of mesh. Thank you for playing along with Dawny’s sketch challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

coops said...

so stunning rose.your colouring is fabulous and i love the adorable image and great details ;D

xx coops xx

Jolanda said...

This is great, i love the way you have coloured the digi and you made a great sample!! Enjoining looking at it

Mary Lou said...

Rose Rose Rose~~What do I say but--MAGNIFICENT!!!!! Your coloring adds true life to these adorable peeps:) Do love your skies and the reflections your created--MMmmm wonderful!!! AWESOME!!!
Hugz

Polkadoodles said...

OMG Rose, you have excelled yourself with this image!! The reflections in the water are AMAAAAAAZING!! I may have to copy you next time I do water!! The colouring is the best i've seen in a long long time, simply STUNNING girl!!! I want you on MY DT too lol, I may have to steal you haha!! xxx hugsicles xxx

Unknown said...

That is a great image. Beautiful card. Love the fishing rod nd the fish.. the flowers.. just everything. It looks great! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch At A Time!
- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Elisabeth Bell said...

WOW! Rose... WOW!!! Your card is OUTSTANDING. Those clouds, and the reflection in the water are fantastic and beautifully done!! I LOVE the vintage appeal in the colours you've chosen, and the way you have darkened the edges in the insert is such a great touch! Absolutely well done, my dear, thank you for being a Digi' Belle and sharing your amazing creative talents with all of us!! XOXO

Lynda Nielsen said...

Ohhhh my goodness Rosie, I can't believe it!!! You've outdone yourself again. What a gorgeous card, and your papers, and matching die cuts to embellish this beautiful digi - WOWEE girl... That's all I can say!
Quite Stunning!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Hugs,
Lynda

Sofia Eriksson said...

Wow!! Yet again your coloring is OUTSTANDING! Love the shadows in the water. So beautiful card! I just love it all!

Hugs, Sofia

Wendy Thompson said...

Rosie I love your card it is gorgeous.

Eva Gro said...

Wow this is an amazing card! I really love your coloring!!
Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Eva`s Scraproom
DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun just love the fishing rod!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Emma H said...

Gorgeous card - love the fishing rod! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

Pat K said...

Fabulous card - gorgeous colouring and the shadows on the water...just brilliant. Love all the embellies too. Thanks so much for playing at Fab N Funky this week - I'm so glad I got to see your work Rose. hugs, Pat K.x

Janiel/ janny said...

oh oh oh this one is just as cute as the other!! LOVE IT!!!
hugs, Janiel

Serafin said...

Really cute! :D

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully coloured and designed, love the pretty frame and cute embellishment, nicely done
hugs Julie P

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

cute card love the fishing rod embellishment thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma x

Unknown said...

really cute card... love the fishing theme!!!thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Super cute! I am following you now:)