Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, November 5, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Stamps Eva by Hannah Lynn

Crafts and Me Stamps carries a wonderful line of fantasy art images designed by Hannah Lynn.  I've used Eva on a spring-fold card to share caring thoughts.  You can find this digital image here.

This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled image.




I've layered Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph tropical flowers patterned paper with Bazzill Ivy green, Sweetheart pink and Rain blue to create my spring-fold card.  A matted Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Doily Circle and Large Circles frame my image.  A Hero Arts Sparkle Clear: Simple Messages sentiment is die cut with a Sizzix Original yellow medium Banner die to decorate the lower part of my diamond-shaped front.  Other embellishments include Cheery Lynn Designs mini fanciful flourish, Prima Say It In Crystals rhinestone swirls, Webster's Pages vintage inspired netting, a rolled ribbon flower, butterfly, mulberry paper roses and a My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up "Day" pin.
 
Here's a photo of my completed standing spring-fold card showing my use of Crafts and Me Stamps' Eva digital image as designed by Hannah Lynn . . .


 
 
This pic shows how the card looks when lying completely open and flat for a better view of the base where I've used a Hero Arts sentiment from a clear With Sympathy set that's been die cut with a die from the Spellbinders A2 Fancy Postage Edge card creator set.  A Satin Sensations 5/8" Island Blue ribbon bow is topped by a couple of McGill pine branch punches and small Punch Bunch Kikyou flowers.
 


 
While the scored criss-cross folds did cause the card to "spring" open, I had difficulty with making it stay upright for display.  Finally I adhered a piece of layered cardstock to the top of the back to form a simple swinging easel that will allow the card to close flat yet stay open if desired.  This pic shows how the addition of the simple easel works.
 
 
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp! "Get in Shape" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Die Cuts/Punches" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Ribbon or Twine" (here)
Crafty Catz "Add Texture" (here)
Anything Goes "Anything Goes" (here)
Flutterby Wednesdays "Open" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - RV99, RV95, RV93
top, gill(?), hair ornament - YR12, YR15, YR18
tail, star, collar - G40, G43, G46
eyes - BG53, BG57
airbrushed background - Y02, BG53, BG57
Copic Opaque White spots




"Featured Fluttering" Nov. 11, 2012 Flutterby Wednesday


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

14 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Rose
A stunning and beautiful card love the image and colour's are gorgeous thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

carol said...

fab creation, so glad you played along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Lynette said...

WOW!!! What an amazing card! It's gorgeous and very fun, too - wonderfully done. Thanks for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

Pat K said...

Stunning card Rose. I love your gorgeous colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. hugs, Pat K.x

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic fold and design! TFS

Christine L said...

Fabulous card for our challenge this time.. stunning image!

Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning rose.she is a gorgeous image and i really love your fab details and shape :D

xx coops xx

tootsie said...

Gorgeous!!

Thank you for entering our Ribbon or Twine challenge over at
The Paper Crafting Journey !

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

Hugs,
Wendy

Unknown said...

Superbly goegoues card love those colours thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week hope to see you again hugs sassyx

Joy said...

Fabulous shaped card and gorgeous colouring... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

Very pretty coloring! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card hun, your colouring is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz :) x

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for joining our texture challenge this week. xx

Unknown said...

So cool!