Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Ladybug Crafts Ink Baby Billie's Blocks

Last week there was a new release of 12 sweet Baby Billie Bear images, designed exclusively for Ladybug Crafts Ink. You've got to hop over to the challenge blog to see how the Lovely Ladybugs have shown their use of several of these newly released images!

There will also be image give-aways throughout the month for those leaving comments at each of the design and guest design team Oh Baby!!! challenge and reminder posts!  Whew!  That's alot of prizes!

Note:  All Ladybug Crafts Ink cling stamps are currently 70% off!!!  Head over there and see what's left!!!

* * * * *

I've used Baby Billie's Blocks to create a gift card to celebrate the arrival of a new baby boy.

This view shows my Copic-filled image.  I've used the Fade with the Lightest Color technique throughout the image.  A bit of Diamond Stickles painted over the heart and block letters adds some sparkle.



Layers of Bazzill cardstock with Doodlebug Designs Baby Boy Ribbon Stripe, TPC Studio Party Hearty Birthday Wishes gift boxes and Close To My Heart Perfect Day set dots patterned papers form my side open card and faux stitching adds a contrasting border.  An Offray 1/8" light green ribbon provides a bow below my Fiskars Heidi Grace Baby clear stamp sentiment shaped with a Lifestyle Crafts Large Circles set.  A Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Eyelet Lace edge borders my image with a thin white ric-rac strip.  A Doodlebug Design Sugar Coated bright Brad adds more bling to a folded corner border.

Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing Ladybug Crafts Ink Baby Billie's Blocks . . .



The inside is decorated similar to the front but is left blank to include a handwritten note . . .



Looking for fabulous inspiration using Ladybug Crafts Ink images? You'll find more designs by the Lovely Ladybugs at the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge blog (here).


I'm entering this card into the following challenges . . .
One Stop Craft "Add Some Glitter" (here)
Cupcake Craft "Lots of Layers" (here)


Copics used:
bear fur, pin - BG57, BG53, BG000
bear pads, nose  - E57, E53
blocks - B23, B21, YG23, YG21, YR31, YR30, 0
hear - R17, R02
diaper - E41, 0
airbrushed background - BG000, speckles BG57, E57



As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

5 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous rose.adorable sweet bear and I love your fabulous layering and doodling :D

xx coops xx

Lau W said...

Oh so cuuute image ! Your card is wonderful Rose, so nice design !
xxx

Wiola said...

Oh gosh how cute! I just made a baby card, and now I feel inspired to make another one. :P

having a {me} day said...

I love your stunning creation and all the layers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Kerry said...

I love all the pp you've layered up Rose and the doodling is doodletastic!! Please tell me you didn't do all that by hand??? x