Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Copic Creations Challenge: Sparkle!

The Copic Creations Challenge, running through January 14, 2011, is all about adding sparkle to make your Copic artwork bright and shiny.  JustRiteStampers is offering two cling stamp sets and a mini binder storage box AND Marianne Walker is offering an atyou Spica set for the random winner of this challenge.  Whew!  That's a major prize just for entering!  Find out more about the challenge, JustRiteStampers and Marianne Walker here.

The Scrappers Cove added these items to this month's card art kit challenge:  Bo Bunny A Gift of Love double-sided patterned paper in Winter Joy Snow Angels and Winter Joy Snow Fall, Bazzill cardstock in purple and light green, a "chilly" ribbon slide, a Doodlebug pastel sugar coated brad, iCandy Winter Joy enamel brad, Hero Arts felt snowflakes in purple and blue.


I used a Spellbinders Scalloped Octagon to die cut my stamped and Copic filled image of the Magnolia Snowy Hug from the 2010 Merry Little Christmas Collection.


I masked the diecut using a mask of the filled image and the Spellbinders border then airbrushed a background.

I added sparkle with Ranger's Star Dust Stickles straight from the bottle and by painting some over areas using a paint brush.

After edging the card with Colorbox Chalk Ink in Prussian Blue, I used Stamp-n-Stuff Kaleidoscope Transparent embossing powder to line the edges of my card.  Metallic Ribbon, distributed by Michael's, adds some sparkle between patterned paper pieces.  My Sentiments Exactly Innie & Outie adds a touching sentiment.    Punch Bunch snowflakes and Bazzill Basics self-adhesive jewels add a little more shimmer.

I love how the Magnolia Doohickeys Poinsettia and Bon Voyage Foliage adds a beautiful, simple touch.


Here's a side view of the full card that I'm entering for the Copic Creations Sparkle! challenge and submitting for the Scrappers Cove card kit challenge.


Copics Used:
Snowman:  B000, R20
Snowman Hat, Tilda Pants:  BG72, BG18
Broom, Hair, Shoes:  E55, E57, E00
Hairtie: V17
Skin:  E000, E00, YR00, R20
Jacket:  BV000, BV00, BV11
Hat, Mitten:  YG03, YG23, YG25
Outline:  B0000
Airbrush:  BG18, Y32

3 comments:

anam said...

you do beautiful work - just thought i'd let you know that you are a winner over at my blog for the My Minds Eye Blog hop :) http://anamstubbington.typepad.com/a_little_of_my_life/2010/12/oh-my-my-minds-eye-.html so drop me an email when you can.
Thanks
Anam

Jami said...

What a gorgeous easel card - I just love your colors, and that airbrushing is amazing!!! Beautiful sparkling touches, and the poinsettia in white is so perfect on this!!! Hope you have an amazing New Year Rose!!!

Heather said...

Hi Rose, gorgeous card, I love those papers - the colours are sublime!! Fabulous Tilda with Snowy and your airbrushing is awesome. Your glittering is fabulous and all your details - simply stunning.

So glad you shared this with us at Copic Creations,
hugs
Heather xx