Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Copic Creations Challenge: What's New?

The latest challenge over at Copic Creations is to show off something new for the New Year.  It could be products, techniques, tools, etc., anything new will work.  Prairie Fairy Designs is sponsoring this challenge and offering five of their digital images to the random winner.  (Find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.)

I've used products that are new to me from the Scrappers Cove February card contest kit:  Pink Paislee/House of Three's Parisian Anthology beautiful butterfly and architectural arch double-sided resist patterned papers, dimensions corrugated shapes and clear dangle element; Bazzill cardstock in teal and gray; a sheer silver ribbon; and Ranger's Suze Weinberg Glitz Stickles in Mermaid.


I added some Copic color to the surface of the Beautiful Butterfly paper and corrugated shapes by airbrushing sporadically using BG13, V04 and Y13.


I filled my new Magnolia Stamps Prince Edwin from the 2010 Fairy Tale Collection using Copic colors . . .


then added a grounding shadow as well as a light outline shadow . . .


I used Spellbinders Labels 17 to die cut Prince Edward and a mat.  I used Stampin' Up!'s ticket corner punch on a small piece of the Architectural Arch paper and a computer-generated quote from Cinderella's Prince Charming.  A Tim Holtz idea-ology clip and jump ring provided a nice way to dangle a jewel from the number ticket.  A thin line of Stickles outlines both tickets.  I also painted a thin layer of Stickles over the petals of the Petaloo Color Me Crazy floral surfaces.

Here's the completed card that I'm entering into the Copic Creations Challenge as well as submitting to the Scrappers Cove card kit contest.


As a side note, while I generally like the look of my Copic-filled Prince Edwin image, this entry shows my attempts at once again trying to use X-Press It paper.   One of the superb qualities of Copic markers is that Light Pushes Dark, including the Colorless Blender (the lightest of them all), so they have the ability to push darker color out of the way to allow magnificent highlights to be added to colored images.  For me, X-Press It paper blocks that action.  I found that rather than gently moving the color, I had to exert more effort and more often than not, the color just puddled on the surface of the X-Press It.

Copics used:
crown/shoulder cuffs/pillow tassels/shirt:  Y13, Y26, Y28
hair/boots:  E31, E35, E47
skin:  E000, E00, YR00, R20
pillow:  R22, R29, R59
coat:  B91, B95, B97
pants: T0, T6, T9
slipper:  B000, 0
grounding shadow:  W5, W3, W1, 0
outline shadow:  W3, W1

1 comment:

Jane Wetzel said...

just fabulous Rose!! Wow...can u get any better then this? :)