Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sizzix Big Shot Pro Album with Lace and My Little Shoebox

The Sizzix Album with Lace die for use with the Big Shot Pro makes finishing a mini album incredibly easy.  It cuts through chipboard like butter and allows matching papers to be lined up and adhered perfectly.  There is a lacy scalloped edge page that I used for my front and back covers.  For my inner pages, I used the slightly smaller rounded corner inserts.  Both pages are included on the same die.

Several months ago, I won a very generous prize package from a My Little Shoebox blog hop (here) and have finally used it to decorate this multi-page mini album.


The front cover shows my use of Scraps of Metal, Petals and Furry Friends . . . I cut out some robots from the back of the Reboot paper.


Scraps of Metal covers the inside of the cover . . . A pocket made from the Sizzix #4 envelope note card allows room for some additional notes, tags and/or photos.


The first page includes Reboot . . .


For page 2, I used Down the Street for the cool notebook paper design on the back . . .


Page 3 shows the robots side of Scraps of Metal . . .


Page 4 shows the stars side of Scraps of Metal . . .


Nice to See You covers page 5 . . .


Page 6 shows Follow the Cloud . . . My Little Shoebox die cut cardstock includes nice designs for further embellishing . . .


You-Hoo is included on page 7 . . .


Page 8 shows Love Birds . . .


while I used Tweet-Hearts on page 9 . . . The little circular owl tab on the right can be lifted to open a flap where more photos and journaling can be included . . .


Page 10 is surrounded by Furry Friends . . . The designs of the My Little Shoebox patterned papers are clear and easy to cut for use in coordinating embellishments.  Glossy Accents and Stickles added to the cut outs allows you to add your own homemade layered stickers.


Sierra coordinates well on page 11 . . .


Page 12 shows Bite Size . . .


The inside of the back cover is lined with the dark blue plaid from the back of Botanical.  The corner pocket is made using the Fresh Air scalloped circle die cut . . .


The other side of the back cover is lined with Happy Trees . . .


The finished project is approximately 10 1/8" x 5 1/2".  This mini album has room for as many as 13 4x6" photos and 3 wallet-size with journaling.  Now to select some photos of my sons and daughter to place inside and remind them of some of their childhood days . . .

Yikes!!!  I still have enough product left from this prize to make at least another mini album or two . . .

1 comment:

SusanBluerobot said...

Love this book specially the robot pages and never seen that robot papers before (i will be looking out for them ) love your blog