Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Copic Creations Challenge: Yellows

The current challenge at the Copic Creations Challenge blog is to show off your use of Copic Yellows. Paper MakeUp Stamps, owned by Copic Creations design team member Katie Cotton, is sponsoring this challenge and offering a $20 gift certificate for use at the Paper Makeup online store as a prize to a randomly selected entry. Find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. In heraldry, yellow indicates honor and loyalty and now represents friendship. Use yellow to evoke pleasant, cheerful feelings. Yellow sends a message of joy and new beginnings.

Paper MakeUp Stamps graciously provided me with this Heart Fairy image and mend a broken heart word art quote by actress Gwyneth Paltrow to show off my use of Copic Yellows.

Here’s a close up view of my Copic-filled Heart Fairy image:


To accent the shades of golden yellow that I added to the Heart Fairy’s dress, I’ve layered complementary Die Cuts with a View deep purple cardstock with some imaginisce Go For Baroque uber The Top double-sided, patterned, textured purple/gold paisley and crackled gold cardstock to form my easel card. I used some torn crackled paper on the card front to represent a broken heart and show mending with metallic gold embroidery thread.

This photo shows just the card front:


The card base shows a fully mended heart with hints of remaining crackle. The little red heart button adds hope that this healing broken heart will be full of life again one day.

This photo shows just the card base:


As inspired by the magnificent paper flower creations of Susan Tierney Cockburn, I’ve used a few basic punches to create paper flowers to coordinate with this card. There’s something incredibly satisfying to me about using my own hands to manipulate small paper shapes to produce these life-like paper punch art flowers. I love that I can use my Copic markers to add colors that I need to make these shapes coordinate with whatever project I’m working on.




These photos show a close up look at some of my paper flower clusters. I’ve tried to recreate Coreopsis, Bachelor’s Button and a flower from a Rhododendron bunch.













This photo shows the completed open easel card showcasing my use of Copic Yellows:


I’m entering this card into the current Crafts and Me Challenges blog “punches” challenge. Their Rockin’ Rubbah design team wants to see your punch art. Find out more about their challenge here.

To all of you who have ever had a broken heart, be it from the ending of a loving relationship, the passing of a beloved family member or friend, the loss of a dear furry companion or any other heart-rending event, this one’s for you . . .

Copics used:
skin – E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, boots – E31, E35, E47
wings - BV00, BV0000, 0
dress – Y13, Y15, Y19, Y28
heart - RV19, RV23
airbrushing – outline BV01, BV04, grounding W2, W7

4 comments:

Renkata said...

Such a pretty card.

Cards By MI said...

Great card! The hair looks absolutly fantastic! You rock!
Love n hugs
Marie

mycardz said...

Well, where do I begin? My goodness, I love sooo much about your card! What an AWESOME idea to show torn dp and then the overlaid stitching! Wow. And, your flowers are phenominal - they look soooooo real - have you ever considered floral artistry as a hobby? But, the best part is, of course, your always awesome Copic coloring! Just a gorgeous work of art Rose! hugz, Mary

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Rose! Awesome card, lady! The coloring is phenomenal and I also loved the symbolism behind the color yellow as described in your post. There are so many wonderful details on your card, I could gaze at it all day ;D Hugz, Cheryl