Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Standing Pretty

Elisabeth Bell designed this lovely little lady for Sweet Pea Stamps and they've named her Standing Pretty.

Here's my Copic-filled version:


I've attempted to dress her in Christmas colors to match the Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Magic Collection patterned paper.  A bit of Copic's atyou Spica in Garnet helps to frame my card with faux stitching.

I've used Copic E47 and E35 to lightly airbrush a few white Prima paper flowers.  I've added a brown ribbon flower and a couple of yarn pompom flowers to their centers.



A sweet wire-formed butterfly adorns the sentiment from a Hero Arts Clear Design December set.



One side of my Bo Bonny Double Dots layer is bordered with an EK Success Dimension Punch Carnation and the other side shows a border made with EK Success' Snowflake punch. Tim Holtz' Alterations Sizzix Weathered Clock die cut provides my circular element.

Here's the completed card front showing my version of Sweet Pea Stamps' Standing Pretty image by Elisabeth Bell:




I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge "Sketch by Lynda" (here)
Belles 'n Whistles "Warm Earth Colors" (here)
One Sweet Challenge Dec Week 1 "Christmas with Non-Christmas Themed Image" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Christmas" (here)
Creative Inspirations "Anything Goes" (here)
Flutterby Wednesdays "Open" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Purple Frog "Christmas" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
dress - YG91, YG95, YG99
dress trim, hair bow - R43, R46, R59
airbrushed background - Y00, YG91, W1, W3, W5







Dec. 25, 2011 Elisabeth Bell's World




"Top 3" Jan. 16, 2012 Belles 'n Whistles

13 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Rose,

What a small lovely card ! You work of colors on your caracter is fabulous ! I like all these small details. Clean and well-kept work ! Very good realization ! Bravo !

Merry Chrismas ! Joyeux Noël !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, so much attention to detail. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Carole said...

Beautiful work Rosie. I am so glad I came to visit. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas ... Carole

tootsie said...

Oh wow! Absolute amazing. Very pretty!!

Thank You for joining us over at Elisabeth Bell World challenge blog!

Hugs,
Wendy

alethea said...

This is simply divine!! your colouring is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at EBW! Hugsxx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is so beautiful I'm going to have get myself this stamp she is just so pretty. Love the colours on this. Your colouring is amazing as always hun.

Hope you have a fabulous christmas & all the very best for 2012 hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work as always Rose! Thanks for joining the EBW challenge and Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)
Lils

Pysselbus said...

Aaaawwww! This is sooo gorgeous!! I adore your coloring!! Such a darling card!! Thank's for joining us at EBW this month!

Hugs
Linda

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful Rose!! Great coloring, your airbrushing is so complimentary and your embellishments are very unique~~LOVE IT!!! Thanks for joining us at EBWorld!!
Hugz

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Rose, this is STUNNING!! Your coloring is to die for dear!!!
Thanks for joining us at EBW challenge this month!!
hugs…..

Shell said...

Totally Beautiful hun, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, dont forget you can enter 3 times a week..
Merry Christmas xx
Shell x

Jenny said...

Your Copic colouring is absolutely stunning. The embellishments are perfect.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Amanda R said...

This is so pretty and I love the subdued colors and the layered flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Flutterby Wednesdays!