Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Kathleen and Summer by Hannah Lynn

I'm thrilled to introduce this beautiful and newly released Crafts and Me Stamps' digi image by Hannah Lynn named Kathleen and Summer.

This lovely mermaid is tenderly holding her dear little mermaid who is carrying her own little mermaid doll.  It seemed appropriate to make good use of some of the Copic Fluorescent colors for this under the sea image in objects like the seahorses, fish and coral.  I couldn't capture the cool effect of these fluorescent colors using a black light but in person it's really magnificent.  This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . .


While working with this image, I couldn't help but think of the Highlights magazine and their Hidden Picture page where you had to search through the picture to find items hidden throughout.  At first glance, I only saw one dolphin then while coloring it, I found another.  I love the face included in the front of the wrecked ship.  There may be some items that I've missed as there is so much within this picture to enjoy.

I've layered Bo Bunny's Winter Joy Bundled and Dot with teal, purple and green Bazzill cardstock to create my card.  A Fiskars border punch mats my image.  A couple of Memory Box Madera Corners and an EK Success corner punch decorate my corners.  Several Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles add some bling to my fancy corners.  Recollections Mulberry Paper Flowers with a satin ribbon create a nice corner cluster.

This is a photo of my completed card front where I've showcased the beautiful Kathleen and Summer image by Hannah Lynn . . .



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes "Decorative or Altered Corners" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Anything Goes" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Craft "Free for All" (here)
Crissy Armstrong's Monthly Challenge "Anything Goes" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Seeing Spots" (here)
One Stitch At A Time "Be Square" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, BV00, E93
hair - adult E31, E35, E47 child E51, E55, E57, Y13 doll Y13, Y26, Y28
sunken ship - E70, E74, E79
treasure chest - E31, E35, E47, W1, W3, Y13, Y26, Y28
message in a bottle - E35, E30, G00, 0
crab - R22, R24, R29, B29
starfish - E02, E04, E08
seahorses - FYG1, FYG2
dolphins - B91, B95, B97
shark - C1, C3, C5
tiger fish - FY1, FYR1
coral - FBG2, FB2, FV2, FY1, FYR1, FRV1
seasponges - E40, E42, E44
seaworms - RV23, RV14, RV19
seaweed - BG93, BG96, BG99
leaves - YG11, YG13, YG17
grass - BG70, BG72, BG75
plants, adult eyes - BG11, BG15, BG18
sand - E40, E41, E42
tail - adult BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78 child V04, V06, V09 doll YG11, YG13, YG17
water - BG000, BG01, 0
Opaque White


 

"Artist's Choice" Jan. 1, 2012 Sundays With Crissy
 
 
"Top 6" Dec. 14, 2011 Divas by Design




18 comments:

Trina said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Nuff said!

Maire Gamber said...

This is over the moon Rose! I could look at it for hours! You always do a fabulous job but this is unbelievable! Wow! Love it!
Hugs,
Marie

Mary Lou said...

Rosie this ROCKS!!!!!!! Oh my the time you must spend coloring--I know we love it :) Not a strand of hair out of place :D Love it immensely~~thanks for sharing at Sunday's with Crissy!!!
Hugz

darling Ho said...

Wow! This is so sweet! Love the image and your colouring is so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing it at OSAAT this week.
~darling Ho~OSAAT-DT

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

xoxo Marjo

Joanie said...

Fab card, love those corners. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Nikbee said...

This is stunning. I love the colour scheme and your colouring is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Doreen said...

This is simply stunning.xxx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, such a lovely image and very beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

Berry said...

This is utterly stunning I love Hannahs work and you have coloured this superbly! Thanks for playing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

Gram's Treasures said...

Awesome card...so much detail and a beautifully coloured image! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!
Joyce xx

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week,best of luck!

Michele Spera said...

Beautiful job with the shading of your image and I love the added corner piece:-)Thank you so much for joining us at Sundays with Crissy:-)
Hugs
Michele S.

Kathleen said...

Wow, this is stunning! Funny thing is I came across this image earlier tonight and almost bought it, partly because she has my name, but I resisted, not sure if I can resist any longer!! Lol
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs
Kat xx

Laney said...

Super card !!
thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Shannah said...

Stunning image, beautifully colored, and gorgeous card! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge! Hugs, Shannah

Debora said...

Stunning! I agree with what was said before, I could look at it for hours.

Debora said...

Stunning card! I agree with what was already said, I could look at this card for hours!