Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, February 13, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Lady of the Stars by Sara Burrier

Crafts and Me Stamps recently released this lovely digital image named Lady of the Stars designed by Sara Burrier.  This beautiful fairy is ready to wrap something or someone in her glorious garland of stars.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . .


Karen Foster Design "Stars" patterned paper is layered with some Bazzill textured cardstock to form my card.  A bow of Satin Sensations antique gold ribbon holds a Cousin Symbolize Star charm.  A Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two supports my Stampin' Up! "Happiness Always" sentiment from the Happy Harmony set as stamped onto a QuicKutz oval.

Here's a view of my card front showing my use of Sara Burrier's Lady of the Stars . . .



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Things with Wings" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Fairies/Angels" (here)
All Sorts "Free and Easy" (here)
Crafty Emma's "Lots of Layers - 3 or More" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
wings, dress - Y13, Y26, Y28
airbrushed background - W5, W3, E55, E53

I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

zandra said...

You have the greatest fairy stamps! Love them, especially the ones on the mushroom. Great card.
Hugz, Z

Renkata said...

So magical and elegant card Rose.

Josephine said...

Absolutey beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Debs said...

Beautiful card - the image is stunning. I love the sentiment tag :o)
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lilian said...

Stunning card Rose! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful. The image has been coloured gorgeously.
Hugs
Desire

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous~wonderful colouring!
I love this new image, I just finished this one this afternoon and will post tomorrow :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow! This is utterly gorgeous! :)

Stunning colours and image.

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Fleur said...

A beautiful card and awesome colouring.
Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

CG said...

Gorgeous card...love the design & your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT! Best, CG

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. I hope you join us again next week. Julie x

Kos med papir og saks said...

this is so beautiful.

thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope you join us again.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time