Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Toot Toot! by Elisabeth Bell

I'm thrilled to join the extremely talented Digi Bells design team over the next few months as they continue to demonstrate wonderful and very inspiring ways to use Elisabeth Bell's images.  You can find the Digi Bells Design Team blog here.

This playful little guy, dressed for the part as he rolls his toy train along the tracks, filled me with sweet memories of my sons during their childhood.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled digital image called Toot Toot! . . .


A bit of Graphic 45's Timely Point of View from their A Proper Gentleman Collection shows pocket watches in the background.  An EK Success 3/8" Ribbon border punch is threaded with black gingham ribbon.  A Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangle frames my image and Memory Box "Wishing You" sentiment.  A fun QuicKutz Revolution Train die cut provides supporting accents.

Here's my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Toot Toot! digi image:



You can find Toot Toot! and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Us Crazy "Anything Goes" (here)
All Sorts "Free and Easy" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, trees - E31, E35, E47
hat, shirt - B91, B95, B97
coveralls - W1, W3, W5
trees - YG11, YG13, YG17
bandana - E11, E15, E18
airbrushed outline shadow - Y23

I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

10 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Rose~~I AM SPEECHLESS!!! Wow this is adorable!!!!! So very very clever my friend!!
Hugz

Unknown said...

Oh, my goodness, Rose - this creation of yours is SPECTACULAR!!!! The coloring is over-the-top, My Friend... the details amazing - the ribbon treatment for the tracks is jaw-dropping! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! wendy xx

Maire Gamber said...

this is so beautiful Rose! Love the blending and layout with the various die cuts! You are fabulous. As you know, I study all your cards... I love how you have been doing the hair on girls. How do you get the wonderful fine lines? I don't think my sketch can do that. What white opaque en do you use? I love your technique!
Hugs
Marie XX

Renkata said...

Rose, this card is so adorable. Great details.

Janneke said...

What a beautiful card Rose ;o)
Welcome at the Digi Bells ..

Janneke XO

Polkadoodles said...

Rose this is totally stunning! Love the colouring on this, it's just adorable! xx

Maire Gamber said...

Rose, you have been nominated on my blog for something special! I hope you know how much I appreciate you and your blog!
Hugs,
Marie XX
http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

Andrea said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

Nancy said...

Awesome image, but your colouring is what makes it stunning :) you are an inspiration!

tiggertastic said...

this is amazing, i love the combination of the die and the image together and your colouring is outstanding

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K