Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Memory Binder

Layers, layers and more layers . . . of beautiful, shimmery patterned paper and cardstock . . . flowers and ribbons and pearls . . . oh my!

I've been having a wonderful time piecing together all of the black, grey and white papers and embellishments with this Heidi Swapp 9x6-ish memory binder (with 3-ring binding).  Angela Moen designed this kit for The Button Farm and it was my pleasure to work with these items.  I think that most of the products were from the Making Memories Wedding collection.  There were glitter die-cuts, dimensional stickers, rub-ons, foil, netting and printed flowers.  As if that wasn't enough, some other items were Queen & Co pearls, ribbon slides, various ribbons and lace.  I added a couple of charms and beaded links from my own stash.

My daughter served as one of the bridesmaids for my niece and I selected some of my favorite pictures (boy, that was difficult!) to represent her participation in my niece's special day.  As the bridesmaids wore plum-colored dresses, I added some as-close-to-plum-as-I-could-get paper.

This binder holds 14 double-sided pages and I still have enough product left that I could create another mini-album!  I may give one of them to my daughter one day - LOL!!!


There are pockets . . . both of paper and page protector material for holding special documents . . .

There are journaling spots to personalize it and make it your very own . . .

Some of the chipboard pages have tabs . . .

Some of the papers are die-cut . . .

Oh how wonderful it is to relive this special day through this Wedding Memory Binder . . .

Have you enjoyed working with pre-coordinated, already designed kits?

No comments: