Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Creekside Magic

While perusing the Crafts and Me playground of stamped images, I came across this magnificent image by Molly Harrison.  Molly is a northern California artist that aspires to the world of fantasy.  I'm thrilled that she shares this Creekside Magic image in a rubberstamp and I just had to buy it.


I've stamped this image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bazzill Smooth White cardstock. This photo shows how the image looks filled with Copic colors . . .


Ahhh . . . but there's more.



I've used my Copics to add some deliberate streaking throughout the base and provided more ground depth.


Ooo . . . and there are so many things to do with backgrounds. It was tough to decide if I should airbrush using masks, add some simple outline shadows or leave the background white. I decided to play and used my lightest Copic colors to scribble and stipple. The color and texture of the background is oh so subtle.  Here's how it looks now . . .

I really do love working with my Copics!!!


I pulled together some Bazzill purple and teal and some Bo Bunny a gift of love Winter Joy Bundled to form a layered easel card.  I used Copic atyou Spica in Lavender for faux stitching.  Tropical purple mini brads by Creative Impressions adorn the corners.  A bit of 5/8" teal satin ribbon provides a slight border.


I adhered my Creekside Magic image slightly to the right side so I could add a border of fun embellishments.  Some Prima Sugar Plum Roses in eggplant, a berry vine, McGill fern punches, Martha Stewart's butterfly punches and a QuicKutz revolution flourish are playing to her left.  Diamond Stickles are thinly painted over border accents.















This photo shows the card front . . .


I've added a "Believe" sentiment from Prickley Pear and an "anything is possible" sentiment from The Rubber Cafe.



Here's a view of my completed easel card using Molly Harrison's Creekside Magic rubberstamped image by Crafts and Me.


You can find an Under the Sea challenge at the Crafts and Me Challenge Blog here.


Crafts & Me  


"Top 3" Designer March 22, 2011 Crafts and Me
 
 



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E53, E57, E59
rocks - W00, W1, W3, W5, W7
water - B95, B91, BG0000
reeds - G82, G85, G99, YG11, YG13, YG17
flowers - BV000, BV00, BV11
open flower - Y000, Y00, Y11, YR12, R37
breast cover, fin - Y11, Y13, Y17, Y38
mermaid tail - BG70, BG72, BG78
grasshopper - BV02, Y02
butterflies - B02, BG02, Y02, YR02, R02, BV02
background - scribbling with all 0000's and stippling with colorless blender

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! Rose your card is really stunning and your descriptions on how you achieved this are very informative thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
Teresa x

Becky said...

This is stunning Rose! Gorgeous colors and gorgeous details.

Vicky said...

WOW...what a totally beautiful card your colouring looks fabulous on this image.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Becky said...

WOW..This is just stunning! Gorgeous colors and coloring.

Maryann Stone said...

Rose - This is abosulutely gorgeous! I forgot to tell you last night that I bought a bunch of fairy/mermaid stamps from SPS. You are my inspiration! By the way, this would be an awesome class (hint hint ;).

Vixykins said...

Stunning Rose, truly remarkable! Thank You for playing my ‘Under the Sea’ Challenge at Crafts & Me!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This card is AMAZING!!! WOW! WOW!!!!