Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Magnolia Challenge - Heartbreaker Edwin

The current sketch challenge over at the Just Magnolia and  hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge Blog involves using circles.  There are two prizes offered for this challenge:  a £10 voucher for Dies to Die For and a Stamping Set of Promarkers from Letraset.  Find out more about this challenge here.

I challenged myself a bit for making Magnolia Stamps Heartbreaker Edwin from the 2010 Raising the Ceiling Collection look like a heavenly angel dressed in white.


A set of tropical white flowers from Bazzill Basics and a 2.5" Imaginisce Flower Shower Now and Forever Collection with netting further support my heavenly theme.  Accent Depot Music Note brads align nicely with my background paper.


I used QuicKutz circles to die cut white and gold Bazzill cardstock.  This Maya Road Signed. Sealed. Delivered. sentiment flows beautifully here.


A bit of Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson cream music paper and a couple of punched corners continues my heavenly theme.  Here's the completed card that I'm entering for the Just Magnolia and  hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge using Bev's sketch.


So, what do you think?  Now that you see the card, in full context, when you look at the image of Edwin, do you think he's wearing the clothing of a heavenly angel or does he just look really dirty?  I can remember putting some of my children's socks through the laundry that looked like that.  LOL.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, W3
hair - E31, E34, E39
clothes - E41, W3, W5, 0

9 comments:

Becky said...

This is just stunning! I love the musical notes in the flowers, so creative.

Dena said...

Your coloring is fantastic and I love the music notes in the flowers, how fun!!!!!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar challenge this week!
Happy Crafting!
Dena

Scrappapouille said...

i love this card and their colors !

hugs

Unknown said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!
Hugs

Kate said...

Wow, love the colouring of Edwin. And aren't all children angels with dirty knees?

** Kate **

Kathy said...

WOW your card is stunning! The coloration is brilliant and yur details are fabulous!! Such a beautiful card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia1
:)Kathy

Maire Gamber said...

Just like an Angel, Rosie!

Mary J said...

Great card Rose! I don't think he looks dirty - in fact I reminds me of a soft fleecy onsie!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wowzers, what a beautiful card. Love the music theme.