Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, March 21, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Fantasy Art

Fantasy images are so much fun to work with when creating card art.  Limitations and preconceived outcomes are lifted.  You can use any color combinations, to any degree, and your fantasy image will be perfectly acceptable.  Want to use blue hair?  Cool.  Want green lips?  That works.  Want to see a moon in the daylight?  That's awesome.  Want to play with your Copic Fluorescent shades?  Fantasy art images are perfect for that too.

Having this much fun is probably illegal somewhere.  I've been playing with this Red Hearts image by Ching-Chou Kuik.  Her fantasy art images are amazing, have been licensed by Sweet Pea Stamps and are also available through Crafts and Me.

Here's a view of the Red Hearts image that I've filled using Copic markers . . .


The Crafts and Me Challenge blog is currently running a photo inspiration challenge and asks for texture to be included.  (Find more about the challenge here.)  Sweet Pea Stamps is offering a $20 gift card to a random entry of this challenge.  In celebration of the challenge's one year anniversary, a separate random entry will win eight Crafts and Me digital images!

Using Copic's Opaque White paint for highlights in an image adds texture.  If you were to gently rub the surface of my image, you'd feel the slightly raised areas where the Opaque White has been added.  I'm really happy with the way her hair appears white and still shows shaded areas.  I love the way the white dots and highlighted streaks appear so super white, even though that white is covering very dark Copic colors in some places.  (You can find more about how I use Copic's Opaque White on one of my earlier posts here.)

I really don't want anything to take away from this image being the focal point of the card.  A few Bazzill Basics Bachelor flowers with McGill branch punches make a simple embellishment.  A little glimmer is in place using Creative Impressions White Glimmer Round Fasteners and some painted Diamond Stickles.


This quote is included with Ching-Chou Kuik's stamp set . . .


Here's a view of the completed card front showing my use of Copic brights to coordinate with the photo inspiration of the Crafts and Me Challenge with extra texture added using Copic Opaque White.


Escape your day-to-day pressures and enter the realm of color through fantasy art.

Sweet Pea Stamps has a challenge blog called "In A Sweet Pea Dream." They're offering a $7 gift card to a random entry for their current "use pink" challenge.  Find that challenge here.



Crafts & Me



"Top 3" Designer March 29, 2011 Crafts and Me
 





Copics used:
hair - C0, C1, C3, C4, W5, Opaque White
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
eyes - B06, B02, B0000, C0, C1
dress bottom/gloves - B21, B26, B29
dress top/wings - RV14, RV19, RV23
circle background - B21, B0000, RV23, RV0000, C2, C00, 0
airbrushed background - C3, YR02, G02, Y02

5 comments:

Crafteezee said...

Oh Rose, this is stunning and this is my favourite Sweetpea image too and you have coloured her beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

June Nelson said...

Wow Rose your colouring is amazing!!! this is beautiful, thank you so much for popping by my blog I really appreciate your comment, its the first time ive entered a copiccolouring challenge, thank you so very much xxx

Vicky said...

WOWZERS.....this is amazing I sooo love sweet pea, well I love fantasy art including crafts & me you really can let your imagination run free. Your colouring is amazing & this is 1 of my faves.....I do say 1 as I have many faves lol.
Thankyou for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Hugs Vicky xx

Teresa said...

Rose another beautiful creation love your colouring and style,
Teresa x

KymKreates said...

What a delectable creation! How wonderful!

Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
KymKreates
DT Sweet Pea Stamps