Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Dance of Butterfly

The Sweet Pea Stampers challenge blog (here) wants to see your blue crush-themed projects using Sweet Pea Stamps and they're offering a 3 count grab bag of Sweet Pea Stamps as a prize.

This photo shows my Copic filled Sweet Pea Stamps Dance of Butterfly by Ching-Chou Kuik.  Notice that I've given her blonde hair!  Nearly all of my images have brown hair.  I'm trying to go with the Blue Crush theme and my surfer chic, well she would have sun-bleached hair, right?


I think that I've watched a movie called Blue Crush about female surfers so I thought this Best Creations' Surf's Up patterned paper would be appropriate to layer with coordinating Bazzill cardstock.  I've flipped the sketch found at the Saturday Sketch challenge (here) so I could tuck my image behind the Sizzix Tim Holtz On The Edge Scallops in the hopes that my mermaid would appear to be surfing by.  I added a cute saying from the JustRite Elizabeth Dulemba's Adorable Dragon set that meets the Paper Sundaes "Just Saying Hi" challenge (here).

This photo shows the completed card front and my entry into the Sweet Pea Stampers, Saturday Sketch and Paper Sundaes challenges:



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - Y13, Y26, Y28
tail - B12, B16, B18
butterflies - YR0000, YR12, YR16; YG11, YG13, YG17; Y13, Y15, Y19
airbrushed background - Y13, Y28

7 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful!! Love her.your colouring is Fab. Hair looks great too.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Brigitte G. said...

woww !! what an amaaazing card !! Looove the coloring as well, stunning !!

yvette said...

Oh wow, what an amazing card!! The imgae you used is over the top amazing, and your coloring is fabulous!!

zandra said...

I love these stamps...have a few myself..;o)
Great seeing you the other night.
Hugz, Z

Love crafts forever said...

Love your colouring. Thanks for playing at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs Nataliya

Jo said...

BRILLIANT card! *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Lilian said...

Stunning work Rose! :) Happy weekend!