Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, August 15, 2011

Copic Creations Challenge: Blue-Greens

The design team at the Copic Creations Challenge blog wants to see your Copic blue-greens.  A Day for Daisies is sponsoring this challenge and offering $12 for digi images at their online store as a prize to a randomly selected entry.  Find out more about this challenge and the sponsor here.

A Day For Daisies provided me with this beautiful Happiness image from their fairytale collection.  This view shows a closer look at my Copic filled image where I have used blue-greens to fill her wonderful and overflowing gown.  I've added an appropriate sentiment from My Favorite Things.


I chose Copic colors to coordinate with the My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie Mademoiselle "Sisters" floral pattern/bleu paper that I layered with Bazzill cardstock.

To allow the image to remain the focal point, I added a few QuicKutz flourishes, light Magnolia Shabby Chic Garland, and a Petaloo Color Me Crazy Wild Rose to lightly embellish a side border.  A 5/8" satin ribbon bow makes a nice addition.  This photo shows the completed card front that includes my Copic blue-green image.


Here's a look at the open easel card that I made using Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels One.



Hop over to the Copic Creations Challenge blog to see more of the sweet A Day for Daisies images filled with Copic blue-greens.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair/shell - E31, E35, E47
dress/bonnet/shoes - BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
airbrushed background - RV95, E44

4 comments:

zandra said...

So pretty! I just did a mini in teal~I think it is my new favorite color! ;o)
Hugz, Z

Dana said...

This is breathtaking Rose!! Amazing coloring and your whole layout is so soft an feminine.
Hugs~
Dana

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! Rose this is truly STUNNING!! Your shadows and highlights are absolute PERFECTION!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Rose! This delicate shaped card is nothing short of amazing! The lovely details you added to the dress are just wonderful! It actually looks like satin! Gorgeous work, my friend! Hugz, Cheryl