Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simple Card Art with Die Cuts: Spellbinders Labels One

I've been presented with a bit of a challenge to prepare cards and projects showcasing use of Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One dies.  I do love using these wonderfully shaped dies for layering matting with my Copic-filled images.   OH! There's sooooo much more that can be done with these 6 graduated dies!

I've used some of the beautiful patterned papers included in the My Mind's Eye A Beautiful Life 6x6 Paper Pad with wonderful Bazzill cardstock colors.  Smaller Spellbinders flowers dies make coordinating flower embellishments so easy to add.  Tim Holtz Alterations Elegant Flourishes by Sizzix are sprinkled throughout.  May Arts ribbon adds a special touch in places.  Want 2 Scrap's Nestabling Labels One continues the shaped line of these Nestabilities die cuts.

Take a look at the ten different but coordinated cards and projects I've made using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One that we'll be putting together at my September Spellbinders Nestabilities - Let Us Count the Ways - Labels One class at the Scrappers Cove in Milltown, NJ.


I look forward to sharing my love for Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One by showing just some of the ways this wonderful and versatile product can be used in papercrafting projects.

I've deliberately left areas for greetings, sentiments, and images blank to allow viewers to use their imaginations to place their own sayings.  How do you feel about that?  When you're considering taking a technique class, do you prefer to see a "Thinking of You," "Happy Birthday," "Just Because" or other stamped image instead of a blank area?  Would that change your mind about taking the class?


No comments: