Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, September 9, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Bottom of the Garden

Sometimes a background image can be the perfect focal point for an everyday card.  I've found that this beautiful Crafts and Me image called Bottom of the Garden is a joy to fill with color and will be an appropriate image for most all-occasion cards.

Here's a closeup of my Copic-filled image where I've added some Yellow Stickles glitter glue to the wonderful flower centers for a little bling.


I've layered Best Creation's glittered falling leaves paper with Bazzill cardstock to make my easel card.  A QuicKutz scalloped square cookie cutter die cut mats my image while QuicKutz pennant die cuts provide a garland/swag base for my EK Success maple leaf punches that I've painted with Diamond Stickles.



This photo shows the completed front of my card where I've used a Stampin' Up! Best Yet friendship sentiment:



I've decorated the inside of my easel card very lightly as you can see here in this photo of my finished layered, colorful garden party card:



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Everybody Art "Autumn" (here)
Sketch Saturday "Lisa's Sketch" (here)
Crissy Armstrong's Monthly Challenge "Friendship" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes" (here)
iCopic Lover "Glitter" (here)
Crafty Catz "Ribbons" (here)
Dream Valley "Picture Inspiration" (here) - Garden
Simon Says Stamp! "Multifold Card/Creation" (here) - more than one fold
Truly Scrumptious "Decorate the Inside of Your Card" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Inspired by a Song" (here) - Garden Party by Ricky Nelson

Copics used:
clay pots - E02, E33, E37, E39
black pot - T0, T6, T8
shovel - C1, C3, C5
handles - E53, E55, E59
broom - Y13, Y26, Y28
wooden fence - E31, E35, E47
grass - YG11, YG13, YG17
poppies - R22, R29, R59
mums - YR12, YR15, YR18

19 comments:

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

OMG!!!!The colouring of this image is just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing job, hun. Hugs...Mona

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie wow this is stunning, loving your colours perfect,t hanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy this time hugs pops x x x

Cards By MI said...

This is so stunning! Perfect colouring and a wonderful looking card.
Love n hugs
marie

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card ,
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

uksharon said...

This is lovely - gorgeous colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place, best wishes, Sharon

Jo said...

Wonderful card with fantastic colouring *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday, good luck
Jo xx

Mary Lou said...

Goodness Gracious this is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the coloring~~AMAZING!!!! Very very beautiful and thanks so much for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!!
Hugz

lindyloo said...

oh my this is amazing your colouring is spot on thank you for playing along with us at crafty catz this week hugs linda x

Dana said...

Stunning!! Thanks for joining us for our glitter challenge this week at icopic : )
Hugs~
Dana

Babs said...

I love this card, the image and colours are wonderful, my fav. time of year is fall, so really enjoyed it. TFS.
Babs

crazyribbonlady said...

love those tiny leaves! Thank you for joining us at charisma this week!
Emma x

carol said...

super card, fab detail...thanks for joining in with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Laney said...

this is one fabulous card hun your colouring is amazing!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,lovely image and colour combo...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one gorgeous creation,
fabulous colour theme, I love the ribbons and the image is adorable its just perfect for our Challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #99 Ribbons,

I hope you can join us again next week

I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Rose - stunning colouring!
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our ribbon theme

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card with lovely details and a great job on the colouring!!
Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs, Marlies