Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Moonlight Whispering

The cooler air of Autumn brings along changes in the scenery as the familiar greenery turns into beautiful shades of golds, reds and browns.  Children begin to talk with their new school mates about which costumes they'd prefer to wear when trick or treating on Halloween night.  Some adults may enjoy disguising themselves to attend a masquerade ball.

Many of my favorite rubberstamped images are designed by fantasy artist Ching-Chou Kuik.  This lovely Ching-Chou Kuik image, called Moonlight Whispering, by Sweet Pea Stamps, makes me think of Autumns of the past.  She rests with her furry companion as she breaks for some fresh air before her departure to a masquerade ball.  The ruffles of her strapless, satiny, ocean-toned dress will twist and swirl as she dances.  She needs little embellishment as her matching gloves coordinate beautifully with her shimmering mask that will conceal her identity.  This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled Moonlight Whispering image.


This Close To My Heart sentiment, from a stamp set called Autumn Splendor, with a few punched Marvy Uchida maple leaves painted with Diamond Stickles, provides simple embellishments that allow the beautiful floral pattern of daisyd's Autumn Collection paper to peek through.


This photo shows the completed card front and my use of Moonlight Whispering surrounded by vintage tones of autumn colors:



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Pea Stampers "Fall Colors" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Favorites" (here)
Paper Sundaes "Anything Goes" (here)
Stamp with Fun "Anything Goes" (here)
Anything Goes "Anything Goes" (here)
Paper Play "Autumn Leaves" (here)
Crafty Purple Frog "Fall Into Fall" (here)
Crafty Catz "Autumn" (here)
Crazy 4 Challenges "Halloween or Autumn" (here)
Fashionable Stamping Challenges "Vintage" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - YR23, R14, E07
dress, glove, mask - BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
cat - T0, T6, T9, B37 (ears - RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99; eyes - YR20, YR23, YR24)
foliage - YG91, YG95, YG99
outline shadow - C2, C3
airbrushed sky - BG72, BG78, YG93, YG97, BV17
airbrushed moon - YG21, YG93

21 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Love your card, great colouring. Fab papers and a super image. I love Sweet Pea stamps. xx

kuya said...

This is such a gorgeous card. The coloring and the glittering leaves. I absolutely love it.

Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun this week.

Hugs,
Heike

Kathleen said...

Fab card, great image. Lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat

Marjo said...

Beautiful card, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

xoxo Marjo

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at SPS and OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

Shirl said...

Rose I adore reading your post it all comes alive to me and I picture myself falling into the card as I read.

Your images are coloured beautifully and the cats eyes are the prettiest coloured eyes I have seen.

Thank you for entering such a fabulous piece into our Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one gorgeous creation,
Superb Autumnal colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #101Autumn

I hope you can join us again next week

I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for entering such a fabulous piece into Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Joanie said...

That image is delightful and your choice of colours are so fitting. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very elegant!!!
thank you so much for joinin us at SPS!!!

Debbie said...

Wow - the colouring is amazing - one of my favourite images too - thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers xx

carol said...

fab card, lovely image, thanks for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ, x carol

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Maire Gamber said...

Stunning! Love the fur on the cat! I actually love everything about this card! Your copic work is amazing Rose!
Hugs
Marie

Rosa Witten said...

Love it Rosie! And the story to go with it, it must be in your BOOK ;)
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card! lovely colouring
thanks for playing along this week at OSAAT
Love Jan
xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Rose, gorgeous card and fab colouring. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

darling Ho said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors you've used.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
~darling Ho

Terry said...

I so love your use of Autumn colors in this striking card! Beautiful coloring and design! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Brenda Brown said...

Thanks for adding your card to the Fashionable Stamping Challenge Rose, it is gorgeous. I love the colours and the image you have used.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fliss said...

A lovely card Rose and a beautiful image too.
Thanks for joining Fashionable Stamping's vintage challenge and hope to see you again.
Fliss x