Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Wait For You

I'm happy that I was able to make some time to play with one of the Sweet Pea Stamps that I received as a three-count grab bag prize for participating in a recent Sweet Pea Stampers challenge.

Here's a view of Ching-Chou Kuik's Wait For You image that I've filled using some of my favorite Copic colors.  I've used Spellbinders Scalloped Octagons to die cut my Bazzill Bling shaped card then cut around my Wait For You mermaid.  A bit of Glossy Accents over the hanging hearts and some Diamond Stickles painted over the fin add some shine and sparkle.


I really want my image to be seen so I added minimal embellishments.  Simple, layered felt flowers from a Stampin' Up! Flower Fusion Too set, held together with a mini brad, adorn a corner of my Inkadinkado sentiment.


Here's a view of the clean and simple shaped card front allowing my image to remain the focal point:



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Pea Stampers "Favorite Colors" (here)
Totally Gorgeous "Anything but Square" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Anything Goes" (here)
Moving Along With The Times "Sparkle" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Bingo" (here) (bottom row:  flower, sentiment, die cut)
Paper Sundaes "Felt" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Clean and Simple" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E47, E35, E31
moon - Y13, Y26, Y28
eyes/hair piece - YG11, YG13, YG17
hearts/fin/top - RV23, RV14, RV19
tail - V04, V06, V09

13 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

DesignerDiva said...

WOW thats fantastic colouring!

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week and good luck

Hugs Laurie x

Ginny said...

Fab card!! Thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful mermaid - gorgeous colours
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our sparkle challenge
Lisa x

heidy said...

Fabolous card!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!
Hugs Heidy

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing our challenge at SPS. Hugs Nataliya

Renate said...

Your colouring is simply stunning dear and i just love her lilac tail.

Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs Renate

Maire Gamber said...

Rose, I just love this card. The RV and V just really go so well to gather... I could study your card all evening!
Hugs,
Marie

Bettina L. said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colours and design. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina x

tiggertastic said...

your skin tones are amazing!

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Rose, you have made a gorgeous card here. Nice to see that you have put your winnings to good use. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Amanda R said...

Your coloring is gorgeous and such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Sundaes!