Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Into The Word by Sara Burrier

Crafts and Me Stamps carries a wonderful array of fantasy art images.  I've made some time to play with a recently released digi image by Sara Burrier named Into The Word.  This sweet fairy is sitting atop a mushroom while reading her favorite book.

Here's a view of my Copic-filled image.  I've painted her wings with Diamond Stickles for shimmer.  This image is very long and thin and would make a magnificent image to use for a bookmark.  I've sized her at 4.49" high by 1.46" wide.


I'm always thrilled to be able to make my own handmade flowers to coordinate with my project.  Take a look at these roses I made using All Night Media medium and small blossom punches, and a Punch Bunch leaf.  I punched my blossoms using scraps of My Minds Eye word paper because, after all, my fairy is Into The Word.  A few Anna Griffin Fern punches are appropriate to use with a mushroom image too.  Here's a closeup of one of my handmade flower clusters including My Minds Eye Madison Avenue "Sisters" buttons and embroidery thread bows.



I've layered Bo Bunny's Gabrielle Collection patterned paper and wubieprints lace paper with Bazzill brown.  My Purple Cow's deckle edge cutter and Paper Shapers deckle edge scissors give my paper edges a torn look.  I used a sentiment from My Favorite Things.  This photo shows my completed card front showing Into The Word by Sara Burrier.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Jo" (here)
Ladybug Crafts Ink "Circles, Pink and Chocolate" (here)
Cupcake Craft "Buttons and Bows" (here)
Everybody Art "Mushrooms" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Distressed or Torn" (here)
Flutterby Wednesdays "Open" (here)
Moving Along With the Times "Vintage" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Layer Upon Layer" (here)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts "Lace it Up!" (here)



 
 
"Top 3" Oct. 28, 2011 Moving Along with the Times
 
 


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E49, E44, E42
wings, gown - R01, R20, R22
mushrooms - E50, E53, E57, R22
airbrushed background - BV02, B12, E55

14 comments:

pinky said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Absolutly stunningly beautiful card! Such sweet details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft /Sari

Mina said...

wow Rose shes beautiful in these colours...amazing work as always...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Emma H said...

Very striking image! Lovely card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky's distressing challenge this week!

Kristie W. said...

What a beautiful image and card! Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning! Love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Maire Gamber said...

Seeing your cards always costs me money! LOL! I always go and spend money buying more stamps! Your cards are always so gorgeous Rose! You are so gifted! Love your hand crafted roses too!
Hugs,
Marie

June Nelson said...

Wow this is amazing its beautiful and I love your colouring too xxxx

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow such an amazing card! The stitching is fabulous and that image is gorgeous! Love the crinkled flowers too! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Detenish said...

Beautiful !!!!!

Lau W said...

Oh wow so beautiful creation, love the sky !!! SUperb card !
xxx

Karita said...

Fabulous card! :) Image is adorable :)And gorgeous embellies! :)

Thank you for joining at Sketch Saturday :)
Hugs,
Karita

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful! Thanks for the shout out to Purple Cows. (that deckle edge is my all time favorite!)