Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crafts and Me Challenge: Use a Digi

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Challenge blog wants to see your use of a Digi stamp.  Crafts and Me Stamps is sponsoring this challenge and offering a whopping SIX digi images as a prize to a randomly selected entry.  You can find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

While I do enjoy inking up and stamping great rubberstamp images, I've grown to love the convenience of digital stamps.  They're easy to store on my pc, don't take up any space in my craft room, and I can print them using the archival ink of my Canon or Epson photo printer.  Digi images are wonderful to work with in their digi form before printing too!  I can resize them to accommodate my needs.  They can also be flipped and added to background images easily.

I've sized this recently released Crafts and Me image, Priscilla the witch by Hannah Lynn, to about 3.5" width.  That's generally the size I use for the tallest or longest measurement of my digis when printing an image for adding to a card.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled Priscilla after I've die cut the image using a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle.



I've layered Little Yellow Bicycle Frightful papers with Bazzill cardstock to create my side open card.  A velvet ribbon strip layered over lace creates a border on the left.  Martha Stewart's bat border punch adds a decorative layer to a matted accent below the image.  A crinkled netting, fringed with Martha Stewart's fringe scissors, lies behind my image.  A few Making Memories bat brads adorn my Crafty Secrets sentiment from their Costume Cuties large set.  This photo shows my completed card showcasing this seasonal Priscilla the witch image by Hannah Lynn.



Hop on over to the Crafts and Me Challenge blog to see how the Dynamite Digi design team has used some of the newly released images by Crafts and Me.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Moving Along With the Times "Spooky Halloween" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "DieCuts/Punches" (here)
Emerald Faerie Garden "Punches/Dies" (here)
Crafty Purple Frog "Lots of Layers" (here)
Secret Crafter "Halloween" (here)
One Stitch At a Time "Use a Digi" (here)
Paper Sundaes "Lots of Layers" (here)
Craft Your Passion "Anything Goes + Ribbon" (here)
Stamp with Fun "Halloween" (here)
Anything Goes "Punches/Diecuts" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
broom - E53, E55, E59
clothing - T0, T6, T9
eyes - G24, G21

10 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh such a beauty ! Your card is very nice !
xxx

DesignerDiva said...

WOW this is pretty special! I love that image and how you have coloured her and the net is just FAB!
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for our Spooky challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a great creation and perfect for our Halloween Challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Choccy said...

A gorgeous card !! I love how you got the name Rosie's book... fantastic !!
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge.
Good Luck !!
Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

Joanie said...

Wonderful card, lovely image and great design. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Nela said...

Its so gorgeous, what a lovely image coloured so beautifully!
Thanks for playing with us on the
Emerald Faerie Garden challenge
Nela xx

Jules said...

OMG This is a Wonderful card Love the colouring in and the colours on your card Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden Challenge Blog xx

Kathleen said...

This is stunning, great image and coloured so beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Gorgeous card, hunni! Love the colouring of the image. I also love the way you coloured the background too. Looks amazing! Hope you are having a great weekend.Hugs...Mona

Emma H said...

Wow, stunning image and beautiful colouring! Great card, thanks for playing along with Craft Your Passion!