Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Simple Card Art with Die Cuts: Spellbinders Labels Two

I've continued working on a previous challenge presented to me to prepare cards to show use of Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two dies.  I do love using these shaped dies for layering matting with my Copic-filled images.   There's so much that can be done with these 6 graduated dies!

I've used some of the fun birthday patterned papers by TCD Studios with coordinating Bazzill cardstock colors.  I left the cards simple to allow the addition of embellishments and sentiments later.

Take a look at the seven different but coordinated cards I've made using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two that we'll be putting together at my November Spellbinders Nestabilities - Let Us Count the Ways - Labels Two class at the Scrappers Cove in Milltown, NJ.

These cards emphasize embossing without cutting, shaped cards, adding layers to a center step card and gatefold card, adding windows to card fronts, embossed frames and more.


I look forward to sharing my love for Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two by showing just some of the ways this wonderful and versatile product can be used in papercrafting projects.

You can find examples of how I used the Spellbinders Labels One dies here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


Wow it's really nice...Beautiful layout. Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
spellbinders