Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Zentangle at Princeton Public Library

Early this month, I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful group of Zentangle enthusiasts at the Princeton Public Library.  Some were learning about this fabulous abstract art form for the first time.  Others were happy to further develop their tangling skills.

This photo shows unique Zentangle tiles created at our October 2011 workshop . . .


This view demonstrates how wonderful these tiles look no matter which way they're positioned since there is no right-side up or upside down to a true Zentangle tile.


Same products. Same instruction. Same guidance. Different outcome.  Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Maire Gamber said...

This just fascinates me Rose! I must try it! Wish I was near one of your classes!
Hugs,
Marie